Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Denver area bike shops?

I really like my Santa Cruz 5010
That one was pretty high on my list when I was shopping. I had a line on an Ibis Mojo on Pinkbike, but the guy was really flaky and hard to deal with. Love my Pivot Mach 5.5. Does yours have + size tires?

If I started wearing a full face helmet would you guys make fun of me?

I thought about wearing one at one point. Seem way too hot for anything other than downhill. Once or twice when I really wish I had been wearing one though.

That one was pretty high on my list when I was shopping. I had a line on an Ibis Mojo on Pinkbike, but the guy was really flaky and hard to deal with. Love my Pivot Mach 5.5. Does yours have + size tires?
Mine is a 2016 V2 model, not enough clearance for + tires I am riding 2.4 in front and a 2.3 in back. I went with a MRP Stage front shock. I demoed a Ibis Mojo and rode Two Elks and the Vail lift served with it, I had no mojo going with it.

Mine is a 2016 V2 model, not enough clearance for + tires I am riding 2.4 in front and a 2.3 in back. I went with a MRP Stage front shock. I demoed a Ibis Mojo and rode Two Elks and the Vail lift served with it, I had no mojo going with it.
Roger. I have 2.6 in the front and 2.5 in the back. I wasn’t sure I’d like it at first, but I really do. Maxxis DHF and DHR sure make a sweet tire setup for the riding we do.

Nice ride.
Thanks man.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m still hoping to get one more powder cut in before the end of winter, but at the same time I can not wait for the trails to dry out so I can really take this thing for a test ride
I was planning on rolling out Saturday or Sunday for the ski hills, but if this weather holds out and the trails dry I might ride the weekend and leave Monday 🤷‍♂️

77F647BE-8065-4BAE-B62C-26DCCC7B4533.png

*worth noting.
Random but cool, there was a dude in the shop while I was there saying peace out to the bronies because him and his son were leaving out of Camp Pendleton this week and pedaling coast to coast unsupported.
So cool.

Roger. I have 2.6 in the front and 2.5 in the back. I wasn’t sure I’d like it at first, but I really do. Maxxis DHF and DHR sure make a sweet tire setup for the riding we do.
You should come over and ride The Palisade Plunge when it opens in June. That trail is awesome!

You should come over and ride The Palisade Plunge when it opens in June. That trail is awesome!
That looks like a lot of fun. My wife needs a bunch of lessons before we embark on a road trip for mountain biking Mecca.

To keep pace with DouglasR i thought I'd show off my recent acquisition.
Anyone shopping for a bike might be quick about it. It would seem supply is virtually limited to what shops have on site now, with little coming in the rest of this year.
Long of the short I decided on the Trek Fuel ex7. Then the rigaramo. Local shop had one in carbon. I decided the price point of the alloy was better for my budget. They indicated they were getting ONE bike in May but not the color I wanted....my color preference maybe available in August. Started searching every bike shop within 7 hour drive. I found one in Jackson, Wy but they wouldn't sell it to me. " we want to sell it to a local". The only other shop that had one was in Orem,Utah. I jumped on it. They indicated it was the last one until next year.
Time to ride , maybe tomorrow.
This caveman has to learn about all the settings...should be interesting.
First world problems.
20210320_170201.jpg

T
To keep pace with DouglasR i thought I'd show off my recent acquisition.
Anyone shopping for a bike might be quick about it. It would seem supply is virtually limited to what shops have on site now, with little coming in the rest of this year.
Long of the short I decided on the Trek Fuel ex7. Then the rigaramo. Local shop had one in carbon. I decided the price point of the alloy was better for my budget. They indicated they were getting ONE bike in May but not the color I wanted....my color preference maybe available in August. Started searching every bike shop within 7 hour drive. I found one in Jackson, Wy but they wouldn't sell it to me. " we want to sell it to a local". The only other shop that had one was in Orem,Utah. I jumped on it. They indicated it was the last one until next year.
Time to ride , maybe tomorrow.
This caveman has to learn about all the settings...should be interesting.
First world problems.
View attachment 177863
That thing looks sweet 👍

First time going full sus on the trails.
very fun.
much smoother and quieter than the old hard tail.
now I’m gonna go park it in the garage because I think it’s supposed to rain for 2 months or so.
8E2E2E03-E4C9-4B36-96E0-C471DF981FCE.jpeg

@JLS @rwc101 @anyoneelsewhowantstohelp

Should the cassette have free play in the individual gears like this?
It shifts fine but it’s feels like it’s got a clunk or knock in the cranks at times.
I’ve tightened the lock ring.
that’s not it.
@Hem does your bike have this same drive? Is there play in the cassette?

Yeah I tried this already.
I took it to the local shop and had this OG east central Il mtb guy who I ride with check it out and they were both kinda confused about what’s going on with it.
The shop I bought it at is like 1.5hrs away.
I think I’m gonna drop it off over there tomorrow morning and hope it doesn’t take 3 weeks to get fixed 🤷‍♂️

No, it shouldn’t do that. Probably a broken spline tooth.

Pull the cassette off and inspect the innards well.

Back