Yeti GOBOX Collection

Defiance Machine?

MKotur325

Anyone worked with Actions from Defiance Machine here in MT? They also used to be known as Phoenix Machine and Tool. Considering a custom rifle build, and thinking about an action from these guys.

Let me know if you have any experience with them!!

I have a Defiance Sheep action. It's very smooth, and they were great to work with. It's my only custom action so can't compare to others, though of course I did a lot of looking before committing.

IMG_0704_2_zps3c3b744e.jpg

Great company and product. I know there are some companies that sell actions made by Defiance, just with a custom name. Ramrod for example is from Defiance and used by Northwest Action Works, all great quality. My son had a custom build using a Defiance action and after shooting his rifle, I really want one ............... correction, I really NEED one.

Attachments

• IMG_7738.jpg
    IMG_7738.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 3,701
Great company and product. I know there are some companies that sell actions made by Defiance, just with a custom name. Ramrod for example is from Defiance and used by Northwest Action Works, all great quality. My son had a custom build using a Defiance action and after shooting his rifle, I really want one ............... correction, I really NEED one.
Now THAT is a scope! I'd like to just take a peek through one some day...

Man those are some beautiful boom sticks. Some day……some day.
Fishing 4 sanity, I love that spiral cut in the barrel and the color is awesome……..oh, and the scope is a little bit of all right as well. What caliber is that in?

JR, I love the lever on that bolt. The cut on the bolt is sweet but would drive me crazy not being spiraled the other direction. Completely an OCD issue for me. LOL

JR, I love the lever on that bolt. The cut on the bolt is sweet but would drive me crazy not being spiraled the other direction. Completely an OCD issue for me. LOL

And I thought I was anal....thanks for pointing that out to me, now I will think of you every time I look at it :D

I will say this wasn't a "perfect" order for me. There are a lot of nuances to ordering a Defiance action that I wasn't 100% clear on. Much of that was due to a mis-communication between me and the girl who took my order (who is no longer there) as I was inquiring about an "available for sale" action . If you do decide to order one, make sure you are clear about everything in the order. None of that takes away from the beauty and function of these though.

Well JR, if you want to get rid of that junk, I'll be a saint and take it off of your hands. :D I'm sure I could get over my issues with the bolt. :roll eyes: She's a beaut!
And I'll think of you every time I shoot it.

EODRay, the rifle is a 6.5 Creedmoor. I don't know all the details on the rifle, it's my son's baby - until May when their baby girl arrives and then I keep telling my son his 'play funds' are going to be going to another use for awhile.

The scope is from March, they're fairly unheard of, but big in the benchrest world. My son liked the magnification, features (very nice & easy zero-stop) and size & weight of the scope for what he wants to do with this rifle.

I just ordered a defiance deviant hunter for a 300wm build. I'm excited.

Got the action in...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,803
Last edited:
Dave Young finished this gun out. I have yet to shoot it. 300m

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,006
Caribou Gear