Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Deer - lets see em

Woulda, coulda, shoulda ... but alas I keep harking back to the big buck days, still looking for the high, wide, drop-tined, heavy brown many-point gnarly antlered ol' mulie buck.

Buck passed on last week of 2018 season
View attachment 121553

Buck passed on last week 2019
View attachment 121554

'Hope I'm not outa line in this thread showing them "on-the-hoof".
Unforgivable....Just kidding I'm just salty because I didn't see anything with antlers besides a moose on my west hunt! super cool pics!

Unforgivable....Just kidding I'm just salty because I didn't see anything with antlers ...
I understand your disappointment ... and feel blessed to see a few nice bucks, some of which I would have taken previously when they seemed more plentiful. Now I think, "Well maybe I'll get another chance in a year or two when that buck is really a nice trophy and has lived a fuller life ... antlers fuller as well!" My personal dilemma is in reaching three quarters of a century in a couple of weeks and now adhering to the advice of Jerry Rice and Brett Favre and wearing copper compression knee sleeves up and down those steep mountain mule deer habitat slopes. (Thanks, Jerry & Brett; copper compression really does work.) Unlike most of the "deer-lets-see-em" posters on this forum, the worry of writing hunting plan checks my knees can't cash is starting to creep in.

My archery bucks from the last 2 seasons.

A couple weeks ago. 10 point.

xAZ4CnN.jpg

Oct. of this year
n6B34OU.jpg

Jan. of this year.

R07WYKi.jpg

Oct. of last year.

5xTCFIn.jpg

Oct. the year before that.

KURMtPx.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics