Deer hunting with Randy....

That's great! Congrats to the crew on some fine animals taken. Sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing the stories and pics!

Nice, Congrats again Cush on a nice mule deer. It looks like Randy’s buck got some hellva hard Howa handshakes, looking forward to the write up on that. You guys did a good job posing for the pics.

Nice deer for Cush! Looks like a nice-bodied deer.

Loving the stories and pictures so far. Lots of fun in this thread.

Makes us all wish we'd been there to share in the fun! Congrats to you and the boys. And a belated Veterans Day thank you!

So, we all met up and I ran and changed into my Sitka that Randy brought me. We all met up for lunch and to set a game plan for the afternoon hunt. It was bitter cold with a steady blowing wind with gusts, so why not put me and Mike (the camera dude) up on top of a ridge? Randy and Gerald and the boys went in and pushed the area and all that came by was a couple of mule deer does, and I had a whitetail doe tag.
View attachment 76799
View attachment 76801

Didn't know sitka came in xxxl pumpkin sizes:hump::D. I just had to poke the bear!

Sounds like a great/fun hunt.

Congrats to the shooters on some mighty fine deer, especially the young gun for showing them how its done!

I didn't want to mention it first. What was Mike's description? "A silverback gorilla and a walrus wrasslin?"

LOL....I can attest to that, but then again, I'm about as bad as Cush ;) You just need to make sure you fall asleep BEFORE he does....lmao...

While I am enjoying the story telling and ribbing going on, I just had a thought run through my brain........I have read many Cushman-isms over the years, and have made up a "voice" for the soon to be TV-famous Army vet, and one day soon I will get to see how close my imagination comes to sounding like the real McCoy.

I hope the Youtube and/or broadcast versions of this adventure can capture a decent fraction of the shenanigans.

Also a big ol' atta boy(s) to the Martin young ones.

Successfully pulling off the hunting success that you all did with 6 people in tow with multiple cameras is outstanding.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back