Caribou Gear Tarp

Deer Hunting: Is the .350 Legend bound to be the "thirty aught six" for the straight-wall-cartridge eastern states?

yes the 350 legend is the 30 06 of strait walled calibers
Is it still going to be with the 400 Legend that was recently announced? Will the 350 Legend become the 243 of the Strait-Wall world - good for youth and female hunters? I definitely thought there was room for a compromise in between the 350 and 450.

Last edited:
Too many posts to quote.
Yes it should have been called the 350 Flyover. If I didn't live in a state with these regs I wouldn't own one.
Mine has become a deer killing machine. I participate in a local sanctioned reduction hunt and the low recoil is great for getting follow ups on the 2nd deer in line.
Yep, I believe the actual bullet diameter is not .350 but something like .355.

My next rifle just may be in .350 Legend. I currently have a CVA Scout in .35 Rem that does fine but I am always looking for an excuse to buy another firearm so...

Most people here use the .35 Whelen during or "primitive" season.

Here is what we can use during "primitive" weapon season in Louisiana:

"Single shot, breech loading rifles or single shot, breech loading
pistols, .35 caliber or larger, having an exposed hammer that use
metallic cartridges loaded either with black powder or modern
smokeless powder. All of the above may be fitted with magnified
scopes.
Single shot, breech loading shotguns, 10 gauge or smaller, having
an exposed hammer, loaded with buckshot or slug."

Ridiculous I know.

I'm serious about going hunting with "something" someday but I don't know with what just yet. What I need to do now is just wait until I get settled into whatever future state I move to and then see what my real options for a deer-killing device are then and there. Whenever hunters move from one state or jurisdition to another, it throws a big monkey wrench into their GAME plan, pun intended. The guns/ammo/outdoors sports industries must love this. They profit off all the extra equipment that must be sold to hunters to make them legal wherever, whenever, however and whatever they are hunting.

Savage Arms, archery companies and muzzle-loader companies would not get rich on Model 220's, archery equipment and muzzle-loading equipment respectively if each and every state were a traditional rifle state and traditional-CF-cartridge rifles were allowed all deer seasons long in most if not all units. LGS's profit on NICS background check requirements for FFL transfers. Small businesses profit in states where vehicle emissions tests are mandatory. Motorcycle helmet makers like Nolan just love LID LAWS.

Hunting gear companies take more money out of your pocket and time out of your livelihood thanks to a myriad of game/gun regulations over the fruited plain. Is blaze orange required where you hunt? Guess who makes a killing on orange army gear sales? You hunt ducks and geese? I ought to be in the non-tox shell business.

It's all about fees, profits, draconian bureaucratic control and taxing old-fashioned American fun. There is a sharp-pencil gubmint geek hiding behind each and every tree and bush.
I recommend Ukraine. I hear it’s nice in the fall

i don’t know who gets to choose what rounds make it past the R&D dept to the production line. That 360 buckhammer is barely outperforming the 350 legend. With all the rifle and ammo manufacturers already making the 350, I don’t expect the 360 will catch on all that well.

Still, thinking I’ll just use one of my shotguns next time I visit the family in Ohio for the holidays rather than buy an entire new setup in any of these calibers.
But it's a Buck Hammer !!!

View attachment 282062View attachment 282064

By which definition?

Either way-iowa is not an Eastern state-CST-thank god.
I was walking around the forest one day in western South Dakota and ran into the plaque describing the geographic center. Pretty cool. Not far away I found a different one describing a bad blizzard in the late 1800's that killed a lot of folks. Iowa is an Eastern state by the way. No doubt about it.

WE just got a 350 Legend REVOLVER in the shop......about $1500.........I literally did a "huh?" out loud.

I was walking around the forest one day in western South Dakota and ran into the plaque describing the geographic center. Pretty cool. Not far away I found a different one describing a bad blizzard in the late 1800's that killed a lot of folks. Iowa is an Eastern state by the way. No doubt about it.
And Texas is an Eastern state from California's perspective.

As would be south Dakota, primarily.

And technically ,it's west of the original colonies. It's west of the Mississippi. Therefore, iowa, technically, was the first western state.

See how pedantic it can be?

But, got an pics of the blizzard or geo center plaque pics?

And Texas is an Eastern state from California's perspective.

As would be south Dakota, primarily.

And technically ,it's west of the original colonies. It's west of the Mississippi. Therefore, iowa, technically, was the first western state.

See how pedantic it can be?

But, got an pics of the blizzard or geo center plaque pics?
Wasn't carrying a personal electronic device in my pocket back then. No leash so to speak. Western antler counting method starts at our eastern border so those fine folks in MN believe they shoot deer twice as big as ours but yet they keep coming over here. WTH

Wasn't carrying a personal electronic device in my pocket back then. No leash so to speak. Western antler counting method starts at our eastern border so those fine folks in MN believe they shoot deer twice as big as ours but yet they keep coming over here. WTH
Every few months I dig out one of (yes. I have a few) my flip phones, swap in the Sim, and rock out for a few months. Amazing.

Let's agree on one thing, MN should be traded for some Canadian land, all in favor? If motion passes, we can start carving lines.

TT, write me an essay on the dangers of ice shanties, particularly as pertaining to the criminal underworld. Keywords to include are trollop, pimps, johns, suburban, family, ethical.

Not impressed with the performance of the 350. It’s so bad, Winchester came out with a 400 Legend.

450 Bushmaster is a better choice.

Iowa is not an eastern state.

Here in North Carolina, an indisputably eastern state you’re 30-06 is welcome.
Some counties in Virginia are restricted to shotgun only but for the most part your 30-06 welcome there.

I’m sure South Carolina, Maryland and Pennsylvania still allow rifles too.

Iowa is not, nor has ever been considered an eastern state.
By the way, neither are Indiana nor Ohio.
Kentucky is right below Ohio and Indiana and we hunt deer down here with the 30-06 just like god intended. I consider Iowa a midwestern state.

I'm serious about going hunting with "something" someday but I don't know with what just yet. What I need to do now is just wait until I get settled into whatever future state I move to and then see what my real options for a deer-killing device are then and there. Whenever hunters move from one state or jurisdition to another, it throws a big monkey wrench into their GAME plan, pun intended. The guns/ammo/outdoors sports industries must love this. They profit off all the extra equipment that must be sold to hunters to make them legal wherever, whenever, however and whatever they are hunting.

Savage Arms, archery companies and muzzle-loader companies would not get rich on Model 220's, archery equipment and muzzle-loading equipment respectively if each and every state were a traditional rifle state and traditional-CF-cartridge rifles were allowed all deer seasons long in most if not all units. LGS's profit on NICS background check requirements for FFL transfers. Small businesses profit in states where vehicle emissions tests are mandatory. Motorcycle helmet makers like Nolan just love LID LAWS.

Hunting gear companies take more money out of your pocket and time out of your livelihood thanks to a myriad of game/gun regulations over the fruited plain. Is blaze orange required where you hunt? Guess who makes a killing on orange army gear sales? You hunt ducks and geese? I ought to be in the non-tox shell business.

It's all about fees, profits, draconian bureaucratic control and taxing old-fashioned American fun. There is a sharp-pencil gubmint geek hiding behind each and every tree and bush.
Buddy don’t move to Kentucky where you can hunt anything with anything you want. You complain to much about everything and you seem like a bit of a pansy when it comes to weather conditions. You wouldn’t make it out here in the sticks with the good ol boys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back