Deer Hunters Roll Call

Definately mule deer in CO, probably in WY too.

Most likely no Coues in AZ, but there's always a chance, right??:rolleyes:

Oak

Well, I'll do a Idaho controlled and or general hunt. 6 points in Oregon but still a long shot. No chance in Nevada...I drew last year. Probably do an Arizona Coues OTC bow hunt...that's some fun hunting. Time will tell. :confused:

Yep,

We've got some Deer Huntin fools on this board, eh! (Picked that one up from my buddy TTD). :)

I'm amazed at how many of you are multi state deer chasing fools... That's cool. Like the rest of you, there's 4 or 5 different states I'm putting in for, or if not possibly hunting over the counter... Unlike the rest of you, I refuse to tell which ones they are!!! :D

So, since we all concur and seem to be supporting all our local Game and Fish departments. How much are you guys spending in a dollar amount on the draws???

You wanna talk money eh?

5$ for super sized kamloops lake California bighorn, eh
(These are sure thing sheep, and takes scouting out of the equation)
5$ for super big bull elk in the Robson valley, eh
(These are sure thing trophy elk, and takes scouting out of the equation)
5$ for Pink Mountain Bison, eh
(These are handy freezer fillers with heads too big to fit in my house)
15$ for Special sheep draw.
(This draw is like those draws that turn you into a millionaire, impossible)

Total-$30 eh.

I got my home state of WA. to hunt Muleys in Oct. (had Nov. late tag last year), and archery elk in Sept. Then got Mule Deer and Antelope in Wyoming again this year.....should be good again.

Then of course you got all the draws we're all waiting for....moose, sheep, any bull, Montana.........

WashingtonHunter....are you going with Early Winters? Or Varrelman, Sawtooth? Early high hunt, general season, or late? Just curious.

Muleyslr, we're going with Steve Darwood (Cascade Wilderness Outfitters.) It will be our first time in the Pasayten so we're not sure what to expect but I know we'll have fun whether we kill anything or not. ;)

If you use all weapons, we can deer hunt in Indiana from October 1st thru about Jan 5th, and can kill about five deer. I'll hit that pretty hard with archery, shotgun and muzzleloader. Hunt pretty much in the backyard on my own farm, as well as several other farms all within 15 miles.

Usually do a weekend hunt or two at an 8000 acre fish & game area approx. 40 minutes from home, make a camp out of it, etc. May also run over to my buddies farm in central Missouri for a weekend.

In late October, three of us will be hunting region "C" Wyoming for 6-8 days, camping in the hills, lots of hiking, and having a high old time.

Need to figure out a way to get around that "going to work thing". It sure gets in the way of a lot of good hunting.

I am putting in for deer and antelope here in Idaho....If not drawn I will be archery hunting deer and antelope...then if I dont get anything by then I will be hunting deer in the same area I got my buck last year...if I get one early enough I am going to buy another tag and look for another deer....oh and I will be archery hunting elk again this year too...hopefully I can get something with my bow this year!
Is it too late to put in for Arizona? If not I will be putting in for the strip this year as well.
YB

We will see how Arizona treats me this year 7 bonus points for elk and 2 for deer. Not holding my breath for anything, maybe coues.

I will be hunting here in Washington for black tails. It'll most likely be on Ft. Lewis, again this year. There are few bucks out there that got away last season.
Quick Draw

I've put in for a limited draw unit in WY (If I draw I'll be in touch Ernesto! ;)
MT for mule deer if I draw.
ID putting in for a VERY limited tag, but will hunt muley's general if I don't draw.
OR points only this year.
CO, AZ, NV putting in for points (if the wife allows)
UT OTC archery tag for the extended area archery units (Aug.15-Dec30)
AK Sitka blacktails on Kodiak (3 tags, unless they up the quota then more if I can convince my wife)
IN for whitetails is a possibility as I'll be home sometime between thanksgiving and xmas.

Moosie,

Yes, but some are better than others. The unit in my backyard only gives out 75 tags with about 10,000 applicants. There are some nice bucks for the lucky dogs that draw.

OSOK.............:) I thinks I found your intinerary, did I spell that right? Oh well if I didn't....cause now I know where your going...:) I'm sure I'll be just outta sight...hunting right along...gonna put your trophy on my wall! Just thought that I'd do a little razzin

Well, the BC disclaimer. Hell I spent over $300 on tags last year. Most ever. 2 muley tags, 1 whitetail tag, 2 bear tags, 2 cougar tags, 1 moose tag and 1 lynx tag. Only canceled both my muley tags, my whitetail tag, 1 bear tag and 1 cougar tag. It was a poor year for hunting. :D :D :rolleyes:

I should get my coveted LEH Any Bull Moose tag this year. It's been a couple of years so it's got my name on it this year. :)
Will of course chase trophy muleys around for 3 months. Might even hunt them dang rat deer again too.
Now I've got the cougar fever, will definately be chasing the monster toms again.
Lookin' forward to hammering a couple of monster bears this spring. Season opens today, but shed season is still on full force, so I won't get serious about bears until may.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back