Deer Hunt

Shaky

Hello All,

I haven't been around much lately,,,,,sorry
frown.gif

I had good and bad during our deer season. My one buddy wasn't able to go afterall
frown.gif

I did have some moderate success though. I killed 2 doe at 10am the first day at a mere 350 yards. Stacked them up like cord wood
smile.gif

At least I have some deer meat in the freezer and will have one made into jerky.

Hope you all had a great hunting season and a great holiday.

Have a good one,

Don
smile.gif

Oscar,

Thanks,,,,,,,,and it's good to be back.
smile.gif

I will have to get into the chat room and harass, I mean, Chat with the guys and gals again. Been away to long,,,,,,,good to be home, again,
smile.gif

Don
smile.gif

Nut,

I just couldn't help myself, these 2 DUMB doe came out at 350 yards. It was a close shot but I just couldn't help myself, the devil made me do it,,,,,yeah,,,,thats the reason.
smile.gif

I was hoping for one to step out at 650 yards, but no luck, this year,
frown.gif

Have a good one,

Don
smile.gif

Calif Hunter,

After reading my post it sure sounds like I killed 2 doe with one shot - my bad. Actually, it was a Mom and Daughter. I killed the Mom first and the daughter stood there for a few seconds. As the young one was about to go into the woods, I let er have it just behind the right leg - classic double lung shot. She went 30 yards and was found 15' in from the edge of the woods.

The Mom was killed as she was crossing a field and ended up right along the edge of the woods. She never made the woods.

To all,

Thanks for the warm welcome. It sure is appreciated.

I now (at my old age
smile.gif
) get more pleasure watching others kill deer then I do myself. If I had the funds, which I don't, I would set-up a clinic of sorts to help others learn to be more effective at longer ranges and get my joy in helping them obtain a deer. I have been fortunate in that I have already killed hundreds of deer. I still enjoy being outdoors and sharing good times with friends but I would sooner see others that get really excited about the hunt and killing deer.

Have a good one all,

Don
smile.gif

Good to see ya back Shaky,was beginning to wonder if ya fell off the face of the earth.Congrats on the Deer sounds like a good time for sure.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back