Caribou Gear

Deer/Elk Public Access - White Sulphur Springs Area

What part of Indiana are you from Hodgej12? I would suggest Eastern Montana for Mulies or WT. Far better deer hunting and far fewer people IMO. It seems that no matter where you go in MT you'll run into a crowd of people. From my experience about the majority of them hunt within 1 mile of the road, but there are still a lot of other guys willing to push in deep and you will run into them too. Be prepared to hunt hard on Montana public, i mean stupid hard.

I grew up in northeastern Indiana in Decatur, but I've lived the past 10 years just north of Indianapolis. Thanks for your advice. We looked at SE MT but can't hunt elk there, and recently we've learned that the winter snowpack there was over 300% of average, so it may be rough hunting this year. We expect to hunt hard and hope to bring home a couple animals between the 4 of us. We are now considering the Big Belts between WSS and Townsend, as well as the Castle's, and possibly the Little Belts. It's been recommended we avoid the Crazy Mtns.

Back