Deer Damage Permit.

Nut

Took out a young buck tonight for the orchard owner. It was the smallest buck we saw tonight out of 6 altogether. This one came over the hill with a larger buck and frankly I did not notice the small rack it had. Just knew that only 1 permit out of 15 had been used. The orchard owner wants the deer dead. We sawed the antlers off and left them with the orchard owner for the Division of Wildlife to pick up per regulations. Yes it is fine to take a buck before you ask.

I looked at some video my wife took of the 4 LARGE bucks and it is pretty poor. Too much shakiness from being so far away..;)

Here is the one I took tonight

Attachments

• 007 - Copy.JPG
    007 - Copy.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 558
Well. There ya go, now your on a roll! Has the landowner stepped up his request to lower the numbers of deer? Evidently he's getting hit pretty hard by the deer. Do you get the meat or does it go to a local food bank? John

Here is the entrance. The shot destroyed the heart. It was angling down about 20 degrees from about 100 yards. There are 13 more tags to use before season starts.. Right now is the time I probably could fill all of them in one night.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:
Nut, you gonna have the head done since it still is in velvet? don't have those tags down here, so not sure will get the chance for one in velvet.

Nut,

That's a nice buck and neat opportunity this time of year. Good eats! Let us know if you get any more.

Now Nut making a 100 yard shot is another thing. ;)

LOL that is so much my point.

I was using a rifle. 30/06 using Remington Core-Loks in 165 grain.. Deer Damage permits are the only time we can use centerfire rifles for deer.

Nut, you gonna have the head done since it still is in velvet?

We saw the antlers off and the Division of Wildlife takes them. I can understand why. I will not take a bigger buck. Going to make sure but this day almost every deer was antlered.

Nut I forget guys hunt with guns also . LOL This time of year. Where I hunt crop damage we used bow only. I would get 40 permits at a time. If I were able to use a gun in the area I hunted crop damage man I would not know when to stop.

Nut in Maryland we can only take doe's with crop damage permits.

Good stat Nut.

X-Bow, I have heard that if the damage is on a tree farm or apple orchard DNR issues permits for bucks......not sure of its validity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back