MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Decent sausage recipe.

OAKSTER

I was hoping someone might possibly share a sausage recipe with me. I like to make breakfast sausage out of some of my wild game. I need a new recipe, as I am getting tired of the same ol stuff. Thanks in advance for any info received.

Oakster

Go to www.Ohiosportsmen.com and then the recipe section. In there is a thread that will take you to a game recipe site that is unreal! :D Hundreds of sausage recipes for all sorts of game. If you don't see something that meets your fancy there let me know what you like. I'll toss it around with a couple cook/chef friends and see what we can come up with. :D

I just mix all my game meat with different % of domestic beef /pork or hogget, and add spices to taste . Venison 'lamb and corrinandor Yum Yum.

Here's one I got from an authority figure on this site. It sounded pretty good to me...

Ya need a good grinder. Electric, or alot of arm action. Take your pick.

You'll need to shoot a pig. 200# on the hoof. Adjust ingredents to actual weight.

Gut, Skin, and De-bone pig. All the meat goes into the sausage mix.

Now, just hack all the meat, fat, liver, heart, and brain into about 1" cubes.

Get enough Sage, Garlic, Chili Powder, Cummin, Texas Pete, Oragano, and Fennel(if you like) to have enough to play with while you grind. If you just buy one of those little shaker thingies at the local Kroger, get at least 3 more!!!

Start grinding into a big Bowl. Toss in a bunch of seasoning, mix it up good. Take a small piece and fry 'er up. If it ain't up to what you want, toss in some more seasoning (or less in the next bowl full, and mix it ALL together, till ya get it right).

It's just a learning process, my friend. Start low & slow. Work your way up with the seasonong and you'll hit on a personal winner !!!

I'll be waiting for you to post on the Recipe Post soon!!

I would love to have that recipe, sounds good
drool.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back