Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Decent Colorado bear unit?

Toofdoc

Thinking of pursuing bear in Colorado as well. Not asking for honey holes but a decent unit that takes a fair share of bears. Does the state have the stats on those available like they do with elk?

Check out game damage claims CPW is paying with your dollars for bears killing domestic sheep on public lands. I've linked a few. Clearly there is an abundance of bears in these areas, and the claim forms list the GMUs. In the one area, the sheep ranchers killed "at least" 83 bears in 3 summers. Go save us some dough.

You can also check out this 2019 report identifying the areas of the state with the most bear conflicts.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1595356835787.png
    1595356835787.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 2
Check out game damage claims CPW is paying with your dollars for bears killing domestic sheep on public lands. I've linked a few. Clearly there is an abundance of bears in these areas, and the claim forms list the GMUs. In the one area, the sheep ranchers killed "at least" 83 bears in 3 summers. Go save us some dough.

You can also check out this 2019 report identifying the areas of the state with the most bear conflicts.

Appreciate the links. I have 6 bear points as just do the Point Saver. Looks like 6 points is plenty except for one of the units. I need to get focused on this.

+1
prod.jpg

Thanks for this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back