daylight saving time FYI

tnctcb

i heard a story on daylight saving time on friday.
first it is daylight saving time not savings time like most of us think. it was started to give farmers more hours of daylight during harvest time back when everything was harvested by hand or with the help of animals. today with corporate farms taking over and so much help being hired to harvest it isnt nearly as important to have the extra daylight and that is why there is talk of doing away with it.the changes happen when the sun is at its closes point to the earth and that is why we have daylight until nearly 9 oclock when it changes and closer to 7 shortly before it goes back

Daylight savings doesn't affect me but it creates havoc on my kids. They think it is nice having the extra time at night to play with neighbor kids and have a heck of a time getting up in the morning when it's still dark. It was nice when I lived in Arizona because they don't participate in DST which was awesome! Daylight savings is probably more for corporates so they can get off work and play an extra few holes of golf!!

I got up late this morning too, but mainly because I forgot to set my clock ahead. Then I relized at 2 this after noon that I didn't change my watch. Oh well. By time I get used to this whole thing it'll be time to change them back an hour.
Quick Draw

The biggest problem I have with it is that part of IN goes on DST, part doesn't. So, when I call certain vendors of ours in those non-DST areas, I can never remember what time it is there. :mad:

I love it.. I always run out of Dailight when I come home from Work. This w3ay with the Days getting longer and me getting 1 extra hour after Work anyways on top of it makes it AWSOME !!!!

LONG LIVE "Savings time" ;)

I always heard that it was implemented during the war (WW2 I believe) to save energy during the evening hours to divert to the manufacturing plants. By having it lighter during the evening hours people used less energy just before they went to bed. Of course that was before everyone had to stay up late to catch the news.

Tim

cali it doesnt give us more daylight it just lets people come to work at a reasonable time and still have a long day before dark.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back