Caribou Gear

Davis Tent

peterk1234

I'm about to order a 14x15 tent package from Davis. So this will include the stove. What upgrades would you recommend, for example windows, baffle for the stove, fan for stove, etc. Want to be able to use it from turkey through end of deer and elk season. Thanks Pete

I'm about to order a 14x15 tent package from Davis. So this will include the stove. What upgrades would you recommend, for example windows, baffle for the stove, fan for stove, etc. Want to be able to use it from turkey through end of deer and elk season. Thanks Pete
Window on the end, Colorado door minimum. Ecofan for sure, maybe the loft.

Get one with a floor, unless you like mice.
I may be captain obvious, but be sure you use a footprint of some kind even with a floor.

I never thought about a floor in my tent, just put down a painter's tarp or similar. Then I moved from Oregon to NM, where we have things that crawl and slither.... I haven't slept on the ground once here. Maybe not terribly logical, but I just can't do it.

David
NM

The tent came a few days ago. Finally had a chance to take a look at everything. I'm impressed. Everything right down to the bags for the poles are just well done. Can't wait to set it up. I just need another ten emt pipes to get delivered to my local hardware store and I'm good to go. Plan to burn the stove this weekend to break it in.

Question regarding the stove pipe. Are you using any lines to secure it for wind?

Question regarding the stove pipe. Are you using any lines to secure it for wind?
We use two 6" x 48" single wall aluminum snap lock pipe with a rain cap on top. All pipes have simple female/male insert connections and we've never used any lines to secure it. It's worked flawlessly out on the prairie in gusts upwards of 60 mph.

We use two 6" x 48" single wall aluminum snap lock pipe with a rain cap on top. All pipes have simple female/male insert connections and we've never used any lines to secure it. It's worked flawlessly out on the prairie in gusts upwards of 60 mph.
Thank you. Pete

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back