Daughters first whitetail buck

singleshot1

Well with her busy school, sports, and social schedule we had a whopping 5 hours to make this hunt happen. No pressure right...

Saturday morning found us in a spot I had been seeing deer lately and gave us the best chance of some action, well the deer must have known the tight schedule because they were a no show. After a couple hours back to the truck we went to warm up, grab a quick snack and check out a back up plan. While checking out the back up plan another group of hunters were walking through a neighboring property woods. Quick grab the muzzleloader (her gun of choice) and set up in a fence row over watching a picked corn field. Sure enough out popped this guy, ran straight to us, posed for a broadside shot and, well he didn't want to sit still to long. He started moving off to our right, as I watched him walk away she popped up off her shooting sticks and was locked on him freehand. I looked at the end of the barrel and it didn't seem to move a bit, I thought ok I will stop him and you can take the shot if your comfortable. I made a loud grunt sound, he stopped at 110 yards, I said "when ever your...BOOM...ready". Yep she was ready, just when the smoke cleared we seen him hit the dirt.

I2-800x600.jpg

A quick picture, field dressed, checked in and home with 15 minutes to spare. She told me Sunday afternoon that she was still shocked that it happened, and how quick it happened, she was almost ready to throw in the towel. All in all one happy day! :)

I've got two daughters that I hope one day to share the same experience with. Congrats.

Congrats to her (for her 1st), and to you for being able to share the moment. You both have an experience that you will never forget!

Cue KC and the Sunshine Band.........that's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it, uh huh uh huh, that's the way uh huh uh huh it like it........

Old NRA slogan: Take your kids hunting and you'll never have to hunt for your kids.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back