Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Dang Harvey

WestT

I've had all I can takes and I can't takes no more. Ok so Harvey has trapped me in my house for 5 straight days with water mere inches from flooding my home. It's caused a roof leak that got into my insulation and ceilings and will require remediation, repairs, and replacements. It's caused me to wait for extended periods of time to get into the grocery store to get food for my family. My place of employment is under 8' of water with no idea when my team can get back in to start work. The question remains if we'll all get paid during this time off. My wife (teacher) has no idea if she'll even have any students left in the area once school starts back up whenever that is. Oh wait and I'm the lucky one. Many, many more are in far worse shape than I and I pray for them. Looking into their eyes at my church today as I dropped off the two cots I owned and bedding was beyond heart wrenching. The TV can only show so much. Until you look into someone's eyes that has nothing left you don't realize what you've got. The final nail in the coffin was the storm cancelled my Sept 1 dove hunt. I'm done. I'm sick of it. I'm ready to move on. Once things start messing with my hunting my patience goes to zero. Sorry, it's been a long week. For those of you hunting or getting ready to head out be thankful and good luck. Just needed to vent a little guys.

WestT, sounds like you worked your way full circle to gratitude. A good place to be in such trying times that I can't even imagine. My heart goes out to all going through this...

Can feel your pain and empathize with the folks who are flooded to the point of property loss.

My hometown and numerous others as well as rural residents in Eastern NC were flooded last year by Hurricane Matthew and many of them are still homeless. Pray for large hearts and deep pockets.

Thanks guys. Now we need to wish those in Florida good luck with their impending storm!

Having a lot of friends in Houston and surrounding, I'm thankful that the storm wasn't worse than it was. Glad you guys come out in decent shape, and thanks for being a stand-up citizen and helping others.

We all hang together, or we shall surely hang separately. Good luck and I hope you get some rest & comfort soon!

Back