Caribou Gear

Damn whitetails,,,,,,

If I have to ask myself if a deer or elk is an exceptional animal then the answer is no, it’s not.
Big ones of both species are “No brainer, SHOOT that thing” obvious in my opinion. This is not directed at anyone, just a thought and it does not keep me from slinging an arrow or pulling a trigger, it just cuts down on ground shrinkage...

Believe and follow what u say. A view from a camera is completely different than in the field. I may feel when sitting the first day, time to let an arrow fly, I may not. That is my choice n ultimately I have to live w it; n have done so on many occasions good and bad, I was just curious to what everyone thought of him. Realize he’s over a feeder, private land (low fence w/ don’t know how many hunters surrounding be it though) n could very well be dead the opening minutes of legal light but I have let him walk for 4 years now when he started wrkn out some antlers n think it may be time for an arrow to fly.

High one 150s. But i must agree if you have to think about it he is not great in your book. I try to hold out for 140s or 3.5 year old. Around me a ok 3.5 year old is 140s or better most time.
But never pass on day 1 what you would be glad to have on the last day.
I have two smaller bucks on my place that i would let walk. But i have a friend that has never killed one as big as ether one on them. Ao he is coming on open day of bow and is going to try and get one. The Trophy is in the eye of the beholder.

First, I would have no problem shooting him.
But I've seen some high guestimations on this buck. Obviously, velvet will make him appear alot bigger than he is. He's barely past his ears, short to average tine length. I may be called crazy, but when that velvet is stripped, he will be good to make mid 130's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back