Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

CWD ---> Humans.

Not sure if anyone else reads his stuff, but I found Hank Shaw's article a well written summary. https://honest-food.net/chronic-wasting-disease-and-humans/

This is a really well written and balance article neffa. But comforting it aint. CWD just seems like this looming thing. From the article.

"If your deer tests positive, it’s your call on eating it. Data says you’re fine. But you have to be comfortable with eating the animal.

I am honestly not sure if I would or not, but I am leaning toward no."

If I were to shoot a deer and it tested positive for CWD, and my decision to feed it to my family were no, I would be very conflicted. If two seasons in a row I were to shoot deer that tested positive, I would be very conflicted about ever shooting a third. That's a bit disquieting.

How many of you have your deer (or elk, or moose) tested before eating it?

I have never, but it is only in recent times that CWD has been solidified in Montana. If I were to shoot a deer in any of the areas where it certainly exists, or as those areas expand closer to the places I hunt, I think I will start doing so.

How many of you have your deer (or elk, or moose) tested before eating it?
I haven’t paid the $25 to have anything tested even though I’ve shot animals in areas known to have CWD. I use the gutless method, so there is no contact with the brain or spinal fluid. When cut the horns off, I make sure to wash the saw really well before using it again. If I had kids in the house, I would pay for the test. I’m may start getting animals tested anyhow.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back