Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Customer Service

The Hedgehog

I don't feel so bad about spending cash on the right things. I paid $980 for my 10X42 SLCs a dozen years ago. Great binos - I've used and abused them but just last fall, one eyecup needed to be repaired. I called them and they said their lifetime warrenty would cover that, all I had to pay was shipping to them. I asked them to "clean them up a little and check them out" if they could. I got them back yesterday and 27 components had been replaced, including objective lenses, eyepieces, all the armor, focusing rod, dials, gears.. don't know what is original. I wouldnt' be able to point out a difference to a brand new set. I basically have a new set of 10X42 SLCs, which now run about $1500. Nice. Doubt I'll ever buy different brand of optics even though they are so pricey.

Just bought a $240 Mystery Ranch daypack that I'm going to let my son use for school, camping, hunting, and I can use it also. They got a kick out of it at MR, saying this would be the test of their lifetime warrenty - starting at age 7.

My Chevy truck's display computer is acting up and my speedometer no longer works - a known design flaw. My truck is out of warrenty and they want $475 to fix it.

If I'm in the market for a backpack or some optics - I know what I'll buy or what I'd recommend to others - same can be said for vehicles.

Congrats on the binos.

My fathers truck had the same problem about a year ago, he had to pay to fix it. He just got a letter in the mail saying they would be reimbursing him for the cost. Might want to have them check into doing it under recall/warranty a little harder.

Greeny.. Good going on the binos. For the truck I have a 04 that was out of warranty also and my oil and speedo were acting up. Took it to the the dealer and they replaced the whole cluster for nothing. I am sure there is a service letter on it. Might help to go in with that. I got a lot of info on it from www.fulsizechevy.com good luck with it.

BINGO!!!!! GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE IS WHERE IT'S AT!!!!!

I bought a pair of neoprene (old school....) waders from Orvis in 1988. Three years ago (17 years later....) my wife was thinking about buying me a new pair. I told her to dig-out my old and VERY worn-out waders and take them to the Orvis store to see if they would give her anything for them prior to spending $$ on a brand new pair for me. Well, she came home with a gift certificate for me that was good for a new pair of waders (and boots...) of my choice at the Orvis store! No additional money spent, just an open-ended gift certificate for any waders & boots in their store! I took it down to the Orvis store and picked-up a brand-new pair of Gortex waders and fancy-schmancy boots to go with them. Sweet!!! hump hump

Gotta love good customer service!

S.

:)

I called GM on the truck. They extended their warrenty to 70K or 7 years. My truck has 89K miles so I'm SOL. It just started acting up this month.

I love my Leica binos. If they ever break I can only hope to be treated that well. Swaro is famous for the kind of service that keeps customer coming back.
By the way, got a link to that MR daypack ?

I just replaced the Spedometer in my '04 chevy truck. They paid for it. I only have 58k miles on it.

I like the piece of mind on the Bino's as well. that is Awesome. I'm currious about the pack.. Let us know when Ty is in his mid 20's :D

The guy I told you about who shot his son's deer this last Fall bought an old school pair of Swaro's at a garage sale for $10. He left them in a cooler and they filled with water. He sent them to Swaro USA who sent them to Europe to be serviced. Got all new glass and seals. The Swaro Europe service dept. billed Swaro USA 500 Euros for the work and he didn't have to pay a dang penny. Great warranty.

Greenhorn; spendy pack for the kid, but it'll last forever. And he'll be way cooler wearing that than some Jansport junk.

Ditto on the Swaro service. Just got my 10/42 SLC's back @ n/charge & they look brand new. My '04 Dodge is getting 50,000 miles per tranny hiccup...last one was free, this one cost me $900. They wanted a grand in addition for what amounted to a tune-up, brake & rear end fluid change. No thanks, can farm it out for about $300.

Mystery Ranch customer service.....................................they had beer at the Hunt Expo Booth. 2 beers for 2 loyal customers.

You absolutely cannot argue with a stashed 18 pack of Busch light.

Oh yeah, they did fix my pack real fast this fall as well.

Mystery Ranch customer service.....................................they had beer at the Hunt Expo Booth. 2 beers for 2 loyal customers.

You absolutely cannot argue with a stashed 18 pack of Busch light.

Oh yeah, they did fix my pack real fast this fall as well.

Yeah, we talked to them about a couple of carrying issues we have with the packs. They said to just bring the pack in and they would show us how to do it with what they already make or they would sew something up right then, but we would leave with the problem solved. As Buzz said, that is enough to make the cost of MR vs. Camelbak worth it. Of course, I'll have to go to Bozeman now.

I was definately impressed with the time of day the beer came out at that booth as well.:D

Oak, what were your carrying issues? I never thought they'd alter the pack for you. My crewcab is a little narrow where it sits on top of my shoulders and makes my traps sorer than they ought to be. I wonder if they'd alter it a bit or just tell me not to be such a puss.

Swaro Customer service is awesome. I had the same thing happen to my eyecups but it happened on both. I could unscrew the eyecup but the guide pins that allowed the twist eyecups to extend broke off and the whole eyepiece would come off. I simply sent them an email, all my serial number info and model number and they sent me two brand new eye-cups. During the same time I asked for two new objective flip covers (mine broke) they replaced them also.

In the same email I asked them where I could buy a new obj. cap for my swaro spotter, since I lost it. They asked what model and they sent me a new one for free. I didn't even have to send them money for shipping.

Swarovski's rock!!!!

Leupold is another company that backs up their product with a lifetime, transferable garrentee. Bought a really old 3X9 VariX with the 42mm objective at a gun show for the rediculous price of $35. The guy wanted $175 for it, but when I gave it a good shake it rattled, so he asked me how much I thought it was worth. It sent it in and it came back with new lenses and no more rattle -at no charge.
I gave my brother a 50mm 3X9 VX-2 in matte black and mounted it on his Rem 760 Trombone. A few years later he put a new sling on it and walked outside on his flagstone-lined patio to "test it". As he was tromping down the steps the strap let loose and the Trombone fell off his shoulder and bellyflopped to the patio right on the objective bell -literally shearing the main tube from the adjustment turrent. (Damn, he's such a klutz!) I took it off the rifle, shoved it in a box with a "Gee, I don't know how this happened" letter. Everything was replaced except the rear ocular piece and lens at no charge.

I have a ton of trouble with the speedo in my 2004 GMC work truck, my personal 99 Chevy has never given me any trouble at all, been pretty much bomb proof. Once the weather breaks a little or I just tough it out I'm going to be making a trip to Bozeman and unfortunately probably spending some money on a backpack.

Oak, what were your carrying issues? I never thought they'd alter the pack for you. My crewcab is a little narrow where it sits on top of my shoulders and makes my traps sorer than they ought to be. I wonder if they'd alter it a bit or just tell me not to be such a puss.

I don't know if they would actually alter the pack for you. I was mainly looking for a good way to carry elk sheds vertically on my crewcab. Mark thinks that we should be able to make something work by either switching to a load sling or attaching a couple of extra pockets. If not, he said that Luke could sew something up with buckles to attach to the crewcab. I'm going to give it some thought and maybe see if they can make something for me that will work.

Tone, my work truck is a 2003 6.0 liter Silverado and even with the engine off and parked sometimes the tac reads 5 grand, and 80 psi oil pressure. Or when I'm romping the engine in a passing gear at 70 mph the tac will read 1,000 rpm and the oil gauge says 10 psi. Guess the speedo's next. (Luckly the County owns it and not me.)

Tone, my work truck is a 2003 6.0 liter Silverado and even with the engine off and parked sometimes the tac reads 5 grand, and 80 psi oil pressure. Or when I'm romping the engine in a passing gear at 70 mph the tac will read 1,000 rpm and the oil gauge says 10 psi. Guess the speedo's next.

My fathers truck had the same problem about a year ago,

For the truck I have a 04 that was out of warranty also and my oil and speedo were acting up.

If you would just get one like this you wont have these problems.....;)

Attachments

• img057.jpg
    img057.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 148
...and it's still got the friggin' sticker in the window.:rolleyes: ;)

Attachments

• img057.jpg
    img057.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 137
Back