Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Custer National Forest

hitman

Anyone hunt Custer National Forest between Ashland and Broadus, MT in 2015?

I chased some elk with my bow. Why?

and a large number of people form Wisconsin and Minnesota

mic-drop_gp_1541587.jpg

Sounds like it's a smaller number to talk about who doesn't hunt there

I hunted there for half a day just to check it out.seen a few people camping and not much deer sign decided to go somewhere different.

The Custer is a neat place. I've been hunting off and on over there since '94 and have taken a few birds and roughly a half dozen big game animals. It's not what it used to be as its hammered with pressure. Nowhere is very difficult to reach. The only saving grace is there's a lot of private ground intermingled around it to offer some sort of relief to the hunting pressure.

Bunch of little bulls and bucks there that AZ folk won't waste time with

attachment.php

Great area to hunt ! Very popular , almost need a reservation for a camping spot. Enough game to keep things interesting , biguns are few and far between . Count on game warden visits at least once a day . ( always friendly and helpful with any questions.) It is interesting to see the big burn areas come back to life after the huge fires a few years ago .

I have hear, although it is pure rumor and heresay, that there is someone from Billings that has never hunted there.

But seriously... Its a big area, with a fair game population. For now. Blue tongue hit hard a few years ago, knocking down the mulies and really hurting the whitetail.
FWP is up to their usual schenanigans...As soon as something might even be thinking about being recovered, mule deer in this instance, we must kill them! They're proposing to go back to a general 'A' tag being good for muley does and bucks. Look for the spots on the map that the roads don't get into much.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back