MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Crazy drunken Turkey dies

schmalts

This was pretty funny. I pulled the kid out of school early Thursday to make the 3 hour drive to go turkey hunting for the weekend. We made it up there in time to hustle back in the woods to my favorite spot along the awsome Black River. We threw up the pop up blind and settled in on a cool overcast day. After an hour the boy was getting bored and started the "how much longer before dark" comments. I said "not long so be still they may be headed this way to roost real soon" I put the box call out the window and made a few yelps and two toms sounded off. We got arranged in the blind and the gun out the window and they popped up from the valley and made way towards us and BOOM!! I threw the blind up over our heads and took off in the last direction I saw they and there was this Tom just standing there. I could tell he was half brain dead or blinded by the BB's so i walked up to grab him by the neck and he took off running with me in follow!! Damn!! after about 50 yards he stopped and we stood and watched. He just stood there again and this time I snuck up real slow and when I got about 10 feet away I got my phone out and took some pictures. I told the kid to go around and get close to him and this is what happened.
picture from the blind..
rrrrrr.jpg

gaaaaaa.jpg

garreturk.jpg

schmalts
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Ol Tom had better days before he met me and the Boy...:D Or maybe even the turkeys in WI drink too much LOL

Attachments

• gman.jpg
    gman.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 274
Cool photos. I love the boy's killer instinct with the stomp. Great times!

I hope to find one like that next weekend. That's the only type of turkey I'm smart enough to kill! :D

LOL....glad you got the youngster out in the turkey woods! Congrats

Had one run dang near 300yds across a bean field once....I was asking myself how the heck did I miss....then he fell over dead without a flop

Back