Cramps

Goatshoes

Does anyone get hellacious cramps when hunting?

Any cures or preventions other than staying hydrated and keeping up electrolytes?

Sorry if this is a re-post. Can't find the original.

It is probably a diet issue. Potassium helps, like bananas or dried apricots (which tend to pack better). I have heard some good things about pickle juice.???

This is good breakdown of foods to try and incorporate into your diet. Hunting can be tough, especially if you are backpacking and severely limited on food choices.

Caleb Treez leg cramp formula knocks them out in 30 seconds. Tastes pretty bad (apple cider vinegar), but works !! Leg cramps, foot cramps, and charley horses (I usually get them while sleeping), take a swig from the bottle, and they are gone !! Been using it for 10 years without fail.

My wife gets leg cramps at night and drinks dill pickle juice. Knocks it right out.

Dill pickle juice. My wife was cooking at an elk camp last year and one of the hunters was having bad cramps and he had her get him some dill pickle juice.... it worked for him.

I get some bad leg cramps, and always have a few single serve electrolyte packs with me. I actually like the propel packs pretty well.

The last several years I was working in the woods I would get terrible leg cramps almost every night. Nothing seemed to help. One of my co-workers was having the same problem. Then someone told him that eating mustard would help. We both thought that was crazy but tried it anyway. We started eating mustard every night after work and the cramps seemed to go away. We kept telling each other it was probably just coincidence but kept eating mustard and every now and them we would get a cramp but no where near as often. I still say it sounds crazy but crazy or not I still eat mustard anytime I feel like I might be going to get cramps. Yellow mustard, brown mustard, honey mustard, it doesn't seem to matter. Swallow a mouth full, put it on bread and eat it, anyway you like. I never have figured out the best dose, I usually just swallow a couple of mouths full or cover a couple of bread roles and eat them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back