Cows in town!

Ithaca 37

What do you think about this? Another one of those hard working friendly ranchers getting along with the neighbors!

" Rural Idaho is a place where cattle roam free, but residents of this mountain hamlet are tired of being cowed by a recalcitrant rancher whose herd is tearing up the town."

How'd ya like to find cows all over your yard and schoolgrounds?

http://www.idahostatesman.com/News/Idaho/story.asp?ID=31476

I think it is a bunch of Bull. I would think there would be a definite difference between open range and town. I would also think that the town could pass an ordinance against it. That would really suck to live there with them.
Maybe they could haze them back onto the rancher's property with ATVs.
wink.gif

I was just going to post that today LOL
What a crock,it sounds like the guy has been bulling the town people around because he owns so much there .
Dont those town folks know about cow dogs & pellet gun's?

eek.gif

It might not keep them out all the time but it would be good intertainment.

If I lived there, I think my freezer would be full, the wolves, coyotes, buzzards, etc. would also be quite content and well fed....

IT, 1P===why didn't you advise those people to MOVE. It wouldn't be that hard on them to pack up and move to a place where they could start over.

They could, but it would be easier to get ONE rancher's cows under control. Why would they have to if they are making a living there? Their not whining about being broke, but about some rancher who thinks he owns the whole country side.

I wonder if they have a leash law on dogs in that town?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-28-2003 10:16: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

True, and wouldn't it make more sense if they all got together and built a good fence. Good fences make good neighbors.

That would work. I didn't realize how true that statement was until we built a fence at home! We had one nosy neighbor.

Shooting them would work too.
wink.gif

This is sounding like the ATV war. It is one rancher that won't take care of his cows. Like one poucher who used an ATV. So shoot them both and move on.

Back