Cow hunt success

Eric.MN

A couple draws fell through this year but my brother and I did get lucky a pull a type 6 cow tag for Wyoming. This is my fourth year with a elk tag in my pocket and learned a lot from the previous years. This year by far we worked the hardest, went farther and higher in search of the illusive elk. Glasses up plenty of deer- one bruiser of a buck, a few moose, a couple high mountain antelope but very few elk. On day four my brother and finally found some cows across a valley and made a play.
DC1673DB-2C17-46DE-9536-B3EFE6B3C488.jpeg
Took over a hour and half a mile but I was able to slip into 180 yards and made it count.
2395AD08-BA00-422A-91FB-EC9F0A4160D7.jpeg

As I posed for a few pictures I noticed she was sporting some ear bling. She had Wyoming game and fish tags on both her ears. I just called them in today to report her numbers and left my email so hopefully I’ll get some info back on her.
Another fun fall hunt spent chasing these amazing animals, very great full for this beauty!

Last edited:
Nice work I've been on a couple of successful cow elk hunts and they have been as enjoyable as anything else and damn do they taste good.

Congratulations.

A couple draws fell through this year but my brother and I did get lucky a pull a type 6 cow tag for Wyoming. This is my fourth year with a elk tag in my pocket and learned a lot from the previous years. This year by far we worked the hardest, went farther and higher in search of the illusive elk. Glasses up plenty of deer- one bruiser of a buck, a few moose, a couple high mountain antelope but very few elk. On day four my brother and finally found some cows across a valley and made a play.
View attachment 196994
Took over a hour and half a mile but I was able to slip into 180 yards and made it count.
View attachment 196993

As I posed for a few pictures I noticed she was sporting some ear bling. She had Wyoming game and fish tags on both her ears. I just called them in today to report her numbers and left my email so hopefully I’ll get some info back on her.
Another fun fall hunt spent chasing these amazing animals, very great full for this beauty!
Congrats brother!

What a great pic. Trying to fill my own type 6 cow tag in Unit 85 Wyoming. 5 days out hunting and no animals seen thus far. Short drive as I live just over border in Teton Valley. Inspiring to see this!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back