Yeti GOBOX Collection

Cow Elk Hunt WY-31

CarsonSmithElkHunter

I am wondering if anyone has hunted area 31 for elk in Wyoming. I drew a cow/calf elk tag, and know nothing about the area. Could anyone give me some tips, or let me know where in the area people have killed them in the past. Also could anyone give me a starting point to hunt as well.

Maybe try scouting it out a little, watch Randy’s e-scouting videos, give a little more details of season and time of year you are going...

Do you want someone to pull the trigger and pack it out for you too?

How'd you decide to put in for the tag? For the price of a Type 4 license (assuming you are a NR) you surely did at lease some research before applying.

Best of luck. I hope you have a great hunt.

I am wondering if anyone has hunted area 31 for elk in Wyoming. I drew a cow/calf elk tag, and know nothing about the area. Could anyone give me some tips, or let me know where in the area people have killed them in the past. Also could anyone give me a starting point to hunt as well.
:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

Follow the above advice on canyons off of little mountain. 30, 31, 32 and the units north of there are very open units with limited bull tags. Glass some and you should be fine on finding cows and might get to see some whopper bulls that hang out in there. Share how it goes.

You live in Wyoming. Just go scout the area. Escout the area is an option. Good luck.

You live in Wyoming. Just go scout the area. Escout the area is an option. Good luck.
But it's so much easier to just ask for intel from others to tell him where to hunt. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
But it's so much easier to just ask for intel from others to tell him where to hunt. :rolleyes:
He’s also 15-16 y.o.

Maybe go a little easy on a youth hunter?

@CarsonSmithElkHunter, tell you what - I’ll be in WY Oct 4-11 for a pronghorn hunt, and after I fill my tags (I’m guessing 2-3 days), I’d be happy to help you scout, glass, and hunt your cow tag. I’m assuming you have school during the week? Anyways, shoot me a PM if you’re interested. You’d just need a signed permission slip from you parent/guardian.

He’s also 15-16 y.o.

@CarsonSmithElkHunter, tell you what - I’ll be in WY Oct 4-11 for a pronghorn hunt, and after I fill my tags (I’m guessing 2-3 days), I’d be happy to help you scout, glass, and hunt your cow tag. I’m assuming you have school during the week? Anyways, shoot me a PM if you’re interested. You’d just need a signed permission slip from you parent/guardian.
I'm guessing every other poster feels about 2" tall after reading this. Good on you @ElkFever2 !! Hopefully you fill your tag young man!

He’s also 15-16 y.o.

Very cool elkfever 👍

Last edited:
He’s also 15-16 y.o.

This is one thing I love about hunttalk, everybody is always willing to help others out!

Good for you @ElkFever2.

He’s also 15-16 y.o.

you're a good man Fever, keep up the good work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back