PEAX Equipment

Cow Elk Hunt WY-31

Ok I’ll stop posting crappy cellphone pics and clogging up this thread. This place is like a zoo, there are so many animals. Could use some wolves to thin em out. The 3 cows were “hurried.” They trotted behind a cut and I lost sight of them. I relocated to the next point to see if I could spot them but no dice after 45 mins. I can’t tell if they bedded up underneath me on the face, or if they kept skirting around the mountain.

Carson is road hunting w/ grandpa and I’m solo. I’m Headed to another spot where I can glass for bedded cows.

Ok I’ll stop posting crappy cellphone pics and clogging up this thread. This place is like a zoo, there are so many animals. Could use some wolves to thin em out. The 3 cows were “hurried.” They trotted behind a cut and I lost sight of them. I relocated to the next point to see if I could spot them but no dice after 45 mins. I can’t tell if they bedded up underneath me on the face, or if they kept skirting around the mountain.

Carson is road hunting w/ grandpa and I’m solo. I’m Headed to another spot where I can glass for bedded cows.

So, uh, how many points do I need to pull this tag? LOL

This has been a fun thread to follow, go get 'em guys!

My god! Don’t let anybody know how effective hiking to a high point and glassing is! You’ll let the cat out of the bag! In all seriousness, it’s amazing the amount of locals that will pull that tag and not see anything for days as they drive roads in their side by side.

My god! Don’t let anybody know how effective hiking to a high point and glassing is! You’ll let the cat out of the bag! In all seriousness, it’s amazing the amount of locals that will pull that tag and not see anything for days as they drive roads in their side by side.
That’s literally what 90% of the hunters are doing. Hiking short distances is a sacrilege. So is a tripod.

Was planning on a longer hike, but I ran out of “mountain money” and these juniper leaves leaves look pretty coarse. Time for a nap, and then hike back to the truck. Hopefully Carson gets cell coverage soon and I can share my intelimage.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back