Caribou Gear

COVID

Calif. Hunter

My wife and I are just getting over COVID. She started symptoms last Sunday after a trip to Knotts Berry Farm with a friend that Friday. Sure as shootin', I got it by Monday. It was not too bad. Various issues at times - runny nose, burning nasal passages and sinuses, general body aches, congestion, coughing and sleeping - a lot. We are feeling much better - I even went out and worked on the irrigation system a bit and hand watered some saplings. I am happy that at 69 YO with COPD adn blood clots that it was not bad - like a case of the flu.

I don't get on here much anymore but I do see the "Here is what you've missed" emails and check in once in a great while.

Rick

Last edited:
I got the easy version too in May. Only problem was my lung capacity was very much reduced for 7-8 weeks.

Both daughters, my son-in-law, my granddaughter and my wife have it now. So far I’m the anomaly in the family and haven’t got it. They’re getting past it but it was like the flu for them a couple days! It sure has worn out it’s welcome!

Picked up confirmed BA.5 (Deltacrom) in West Africa from the local population who works with us now. Great group of people. Shame we can't get them some vaccines over here. Same symptoms as above guy. Pretty much same a Omnicron (had it) and it had a quicker infection rate (hits you faster).

Spread throught he crew pretty fast and now we are almost through the first wave. No change in operations, just bed rest if you are really bad. THere's no real way to stop the spread of infections on a floating city. Might as well get it and get through it like chicken pox when we were kids.

Had it over Christmas, sad to say it kicked my young butt! Wishing you a speedy recovery

We got it bad last August. Could barely get out of bed to take care of the kids. I was in bed for a week, my wife for two! Lingering effects for at least a month. Glad it's not too bad for you! Now I'm on my second cold in two months... I guess that happens when you have little kids! Hoping I can avoid illness again at least through hunting season.

Both daughters, my son-in-law, my granddaughter and my wife have it now. So far I’m the anomaly in the family and haven’t got it. They’re getting past it but it was like the flu for them a couple days! It sure has worn out it’s welcome!
Covid saw my post and said hold my beer!!! Tested positive today! There goes the weekend!

The wife and I really thought we had been the lucky couple to not get it, nope, wrong.
The wife does some work for a woman with terminal cancer, the woman took a turn for the worse, breathing through a tracheostomy my wife confirmed after testing her she had covid, woman taken into hospital and 24 hours later passed away, a relief really.
2 days later, wife gets covid, day after that I get it, at the moment I'm on day 2, not feeling great to say the least.
Might be a while before I get back to running/hunting

The wife and I really thought we had been the lucky couple to not get it, nope, wrong.
The wife does some work for a woman with terminal cancer, the woman took a turn for the worse, breathing through a tracheostomy my wife confirmed after testing her she had covid, woman taken into hospital and 24 hours later passed away, a relief really.
2 days later, wife gets covid, day after that I get it, at the moment I'm on day 2, not feeling great to say the least.
Hope you guys bounce back really soon Richard.

Get well, my friend!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back