Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Covid positive 11 days before leaving for montana elk hunt

Quick question for you Jmustard all i have is a slight cough left but in the morning after i wake up i cough up little blood. it just started a few days ago is there something i can do to combat this?
Hemoptysis is one sign of a pulmonary embolism. You can also cough up blood from coughing too much, or even lung cancer.
I'd chat with your PCP about geta CTA of your chest to make sure you don't have a clot.
Even young healthy people get pulmonary emboli, heart attacks, and strokes from COVID, which is why everyone should get vaccinated.

Went out and dident have any issues I felt better being on the mountain then I did at home. Climbed 5-10 miles a day went up to 9500 feet a few times packed a cow out 2 miles with a 1500 elevation change. Out hiked my brother who never had COVID or anything so I feel pretty good. Thanks everyone for all the info prayers and well wishes!

I tested positive for COVID yesterday morning with yesterday being the worst symptom wise 103 degree fever and major body aches. Today i feel pretty good with only congestion, cough, and my right lung has a little pain below the armpit. hoping that is the only lung issues i have with being on oxygen for the First 3 years of my life (Born with major lung problems). Did anyone have these same symptoms or have any issues climbing the mountains after COVID. I’m from minnesota.
I'm a little late to the party but I got sick right before. Low grade fever, fatigue, a slight cough for a few days then the day we were heading out to CO, fever was gone. Once at altitude though, I could walk 30 yds then maybe 3 feet before I had to stop and spend significant time catching my breath. Two nights later my fever came back along with a cough. We decided to call the hunt. Which was wise because I spent 3 days essentially sleeping with a low grade fever. Didn't even eat. All good after that. I'm back to training for next year.

I'm a little late to the party but I got sick right before. Low grade fever, fatigue, a slight cough for a few days then the day we were heading out to CO, fever was gone. Once at altitude though, I could walk 30 yds then maybe 3 feet before I had to stop and spend significant time catching my breath. Two nights later my fever came back along with a cough. We decided to call the hunt. Which was wise because I spent 3 days essentially sleeping with a low grade fever. Didn't even eat. All good after that. I'm back to training for next year.
Pretty much my experience on hunting 10 days after Covid contact and confirmation. Didn’t leave but wow, I’ve made better decisions in life.

It was my second go around, first being greatly worse. Last fall was just a weak and short of breath bout, coughing wasn’t to bad considering. Later Dr. said “guess we can assume your heart is in good shape, you could have killed yourself out there”. She seemed to be concerned with the associated heart and clotting problems Covid can bring on.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back