Caribou Gear Tarp

COVID and RSV still around

WyoDoug

I recently showed symptoms of COVID so I cancelled the shoot I was going to do with Perma as a precaution. We still have COVID and RSV cases in the area and I had RSV twice last year. Fortunately, the tests were negative for both and Doc things it's likly my CPAP pushing sinus drainage into my lungs. So got advice not to use CPAP if I am congested at all. Turns out I could of went shooting at the range which I now am going to do on my own and get both my crossbow and rifle ready for speedgoats. Anyways, COVID and RSV are still around and had family come down sick with it so still on the paranoid side with it.

Funny, I had both Covid and RSV at the same time back in January thanks to a very crowded bus in Steamboat Springs
Wife and I THINK we had COVID in February 2020 when the tests werre not readily available. We had all the classic sympoms then but both of us recovered in about 3 weeks at home. Then in December 2021 I got RSV. The tested me for COVID, RSV and flu and RSV came out on top. This one messed up Christmas 2021. Wife caught this as soon as I recovered. Then in July 2022, I tested positive for RSV again and this time it ruined a family reunion. Moral of the story for me I guess, is I aint gonna get sick unless I have something important to me planned. LOL

Funny, I had both Covid and RSV at the same time back in January thanks to a very crowded bus in Steamboat Springs
I possibly caught and spread it this same way on a ski bus in February in summit co.
This ski season I’m just gonna take a pair of old hiking boots that I don’t mind losing and walk as far as I have to to get to the base lift and just hide the boots behind a tree or something until the end of the day to avoid going face to face on those busses.

We have had Covid several times based off symptoms in last couple years. Also RSV shows up often, but thankfully no flu ever.

Flu would be the worst for us as my youngest has cystic fibrosis and would pose the most harm of the respiratory illnesses.

We have had Covid several times based off symptoms in last couple years. Also RSV shows up often, but thankfully no flu ever.

Flu would be the worst for us as my youngest has cystic fibrosis and would pose the most harm of the respiratory illnesses.
Feel ya. Keep up that good fight. Always heard about my wife's CF babies. Covid + burnout + life pulled her out of that scene. Sometimes she'd call while grabbing a bite before heading back to the unit, tell me good bad, random stuff, but once she'd get to talking about something good with one of her "zeffie's", I could hear the relief coming back to her.

Wife worked in nicu/picu after returning to work after our 2nd was born 2/2020-who also has respiratory illness/autoimmune , not CF though. ...That was...exhilarating....having to manage during covid...hope yall did well.

We have approval for off label/exp. use of dupixent. Has changed my little man's life Since we started it little over 10 months ago?

I have reached the point where I am more afraid of flu and RSV than COVID. Flu and RSV are known to kill faster but COVID had much higher incident rates for a spell mainly because no one had developed immunity to it. Having had all three, I am more afraid of the flu than the other two mainly because my age is getting up there in the senioritis chart.

I think despite what people say rhetoric wise from the covid days, a healthy fear, or a respectful fear is ok.

When fear becomes paralysis, that's a different story.

Get out and live, be mindful of your health, and a busy body has no time to get sick!

ETA: I'll ask my wife when she gets home what therapeutic measures...counter measure maybe?...she could toss out at ya-obviously all the disclaimer mumble jumble.. but im guessing she'll say cupping and tummy time, as infantile as it sounds.

People are still cancelling things because of COVID?!
I would say probably. I never cancelled anything because of COVID itself. I did cancel a shooting day at the range due to illness. I do not view COVID as a threat but you do have to render appropriate expect as with any other disease. In my view, we all overacted to COVID and made the response worse than the disease itself. Plus it got politicized and weaponized in a manner to gain political points and personal agendas. Anyways, on to getting my crossbow and rifile ready for speedgoats.

People are still cancelling things because of COVID?!
I think the biggest positive that came out of Covid was the expansion of flexible work locations (in my field and many others). Not saying you have to cancel plans if you have a cold, but nobody likes being in an office with someone hacking up a lung and I've gotten way fewer colds now that people can just work from home when they're sick.

I possibly caught and spread it this same way on a ski bus in February in summit co.
This ski season I’m just gonna take a pair of old hiking boots that I don’t mind losing and walk as far as I have to to get to the base lift and just hide the boots behind a tree or something until the end of the day to avoid going face to face on those busses.
Probably a good idea but you can also take the last lift up and the saddle up to a bar for an hour or two and let the crowds disperse a bit. That has been our go to for the last several years including before covid. Those busses can feel like an NYC subway at rush hour.

Yeah luckily for me I never had to worry about anything for the rest of that ski season. This year though, I should go all out and have a wild thanksgiving weekend in as many packed venues as possible to get all the crud over with prior to the bulk of skiing

They think I had pertussis earlier this summer. Six weeks of walking pneumonia. I was vaccinated before grade school but apparently some of us can lose immunity. It was awful, especially in evenings. Required a couple different antibiotics to get it under control. Definitely was not COVID.

This crap has muddled everything we thought we knew about communicable sniffles. A politician's wet dream.

Hope you guys struggling with respiratory maladies get better soon..
LOL well a certain politician that serves as majority leader in the Senate once made a statement that you should not allow a good crisis to go to waste. Kinda bad when politicians actually announced intent to get political points out of this.

Makes a guy wonder how many flush, rsv, pneumonia, etc, a guy managed to survive before they became media fixations.
It's a fact COVID killed more people in the US during one WEEKEND at the height of the pandemic than the flu did during the two YEARS previous to the pandemic. So much for blowing it off as just another "normal" annual event.

It's a fact COVID killed more people in the US during one WEEKEND at the height of the pandemic than the flu did during the two YEARS previous to the pandemic. So much for blowing it off as just another "normal" annual event.
And you did your part to help by crossing the border multiple times to hunt and whatnot "because you could". :rolleyes:

I've been ok this spring and summer but last winter I felt like I was constantly getting sick. Like the sickest or most times I've been sick that I can remember. It pretty much led to a lifestyle change that prioritized being as healthy as possible and boosting my immune system.

I dont know maybe my prior choices were finally catching up to me but until the last 2 winters, I'd usually get sick once then be good for the rest of the winter. Last winter I felt like I was always sick and never fully getting better.

Between covid/new viruses and the lockdowns perhaps hindering existing herd immunities I think a lot of people immune systems have been thrown all out of wack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back