Caribou Gear

Couple SD whities

mtmiller

Well I searched for five days and this is the second best buck I found. The biggest was just a little larger.

I have some video of this buck coming into the rattling horns and I could have ended his life at fifty yards.
eek.gif
Instead, I waited a few more days and had to shoot him at ~300 yards as he was trotting broadside.
rolleyes.gif

Here is my last buck of 2003.
SD_whitey_2.sized.jpg

Here is one of the guys I hunt with when I am back in Sturgis. He shot this one opening weekend. I think this was the third year in a row that he got a 5x6. This looked like a great buck from the side, but is very narrow. Still a good buck for the areas we were able to hunt.
mike_sd_deer.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-23-2003 17:46: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

Nice buck, miller. I hear it was cold up that way. It's supposed to get here tonight.

Oak

Thanks fellas. As for the weather, it is pretty sheety (actually if I still had a deer tag it wouldn't be so bad
biggrin.gif
).

I am in Rapid City right now getting ready for an early Thanksgiving meal and there is a foot of snow on the ground. I am sure traveling 550 miles north tomorrow will be quite a treat.
eek.gif

Take care guys and get ready for snow Oak.

Schmalts-the weather was pretty poor for deer hunting. The day I shot mine, temps got into the 60's and it was windy as hell. Figures that once I get one on the ground the snow shows up again.
rolleyes.gif

Nice bucks guys. Heck of a year for you mtmiller, all your bucks were beauts.

Way to go mtmiller, nothing wrong with that buck at all and thanks for posting the pictures.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back