Countdowns

September 1st there will be hogs eating muscadines along the bank of a bayou. They will be fat and happy coming off a wet spring and summer, and not having been harassed since February 28th. I look forward to that day and following weekend to put as many as I can in the boat before the main hunting pressure turns on.

My big hunt of the year will be Arkansas bear, but with a change of jobs happening around the bow opener I don't know when or if it'll happen.

Busting my butt getting stuff done at home before I head to the cabin on the 14th. Load up at the cabin and out to the unit on the 17th to scout for the Utah spike bull opening on the 21st. My wife and dog will join me in the town closest to the area around the 28th. She knows that it's all tentative but she doesn't mind making the 6-7 hour drive. How great a wife is that, eh?

The hunt ends 9/10 and I obviously don't want to be gone that long...living like a savage. I hope I poke a spike opening morning. I've never targeted a spike before so this should be interesting. Are they with the cows this early or are they with the other bulls.

28 days until I'm flinging arrows at mule deer in Colorado, because of work I'll be there late and leaving early.

19 days till Idaho archery opener. Unfortunately a huge chunk of my elk zone is currently closed due to fire fears

It's getting close! In 23 days I'll leave for Mt., spending the entire month of Sept. there. First up is getting a couple friends and myself tagged out on elk, Deer tag in my pocket as opportunistic only. Planning to tag along and pack out some moose and goat meat for a couple other friends. Probably be dodging flames and smoke the whole month too. Going to be a busy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heddenbk
Back