Yeti GOBOX Collection

Corona virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
,The right Attitude:)

I dont have permission to post this so will not be specific, but I did hear from April

she was telling me that since she decided to go home, flying was ruled out for health reasons, so a cruise line seemed to be the way to go, but then a second health issue raised its ugly head. By the time she got through that issue, the cruise lines where talking about the virus, then travel from Europe was banned, and now there is some kind of restriction on travel into and out of Spain.

And not only was she o.k. with it, she thought it might have even been a good thing., as she was able to speak to an elderly man about faith before he passed and has had some good conversations with several others who were nervous and a bit frightened. Not about the virus specifically, but because they were old and ill, but then the virus situation didn't make them feel better.

An 80 plus year old woman, with health issues, laughing at the circumstances she finds herself in and working to help others feel better, and not just via her religious beliefs. She does have Bible conversations with those who are interested , BUT ALSO---

I laughed out loud when she told me that one older man knew how to play the guitar, another man the drums, another lady said she once played the violin, and April plays the piano. So, she has ask the attendants to find these instruments --buy, rent, borrow--and they are going to play together. She asked me what they should call the band and I suggested "The old kids on the block"

She ask me to advise noharleyyet and the other friday music thread posters, there is a new/old band coming soon :love:
Thanks for the update - this is sobering - prayers incoming.

,The right Attitude:)

I dont have permission to post this so will not be specific, but I did hear from April

she was telling me that since she decided to go home, flying was ruled out for health reasons, so a cruise line seemed to be the way to go, but then a second health issue raised its ugly head. By the time she got through that issue, the cruise lines where talking about the virus, then travel from Europe was banned, and now there is some kind of restriction on travel into and out of Spain.

And not only was she o.k. with it, she thought it might have even been a good thing., as she was able to speak to an elderly man about faith before he passed and has had some good conversations with several others who were nervous and a bit frightened. Not about the virus specifically, but because they were old and ill, but then the virus situation didn't make them feel better.

An 80 plus year old woman, with health issues, laughing at the circumstances she finds herself in and working to help others feel better, and not just via her religious beliefs. She does have Bible conversations with those who are interested , BUT ALSO---

I laughed out loud when she told me that one older man knew how to play the guitar, another man the drums, another lady said she once played the violin, and April plays the piano. So, she has ask the attendants to find these instruments --buy, rent, borrow--and they are going to play together. She asked me what they should call the band and I suggested "The old kids on the block"

She ask me to advise noharleyyet and the other friday music thread posters, there is a new/old band coming soon :love:

"The Octogenarian's "

And on this point we both agree!

For the record, I’ve been following this virus from the beginning and have read everything posted here, from the cdc, who, and much more from varying sources. Most of the logical points made here are pretty obvious. Best I can tell what we got so far is educated guesses based on evolving information and statistics that vary by geographic region, demographics, and access to healthcare.

That said I tend to lie on this camp, to think we should go on with life as usual and ignore this is ridiculous, to think we should stop the world is ridiculous. Let’s just be smart, put the smartest, brightest most educated people on the subject on it and listen to them, if we all die then next time find better people.

For me, a 40 y/o male who quit smoking 8 years ago and has been taking high blood pressure meds since mid 20’s, occupational exposure to dust, etc. I honestly don’t know what to think of this. On one hand I technically have a preexisting condition that according to the stats gives me a 6% (I assume this stat is age adjusted otherwise the math don’t add up) chance of dying if I get it. That said I can jog a mile in under 8 mins, 2 miles in 17, put a half a elk on a mystery ranch and carry it 4 miles off the side of a mountain at 8000 ft without being out of breath, eat a mostly whole food diet, etc. so should I be worried? Who knows? Honestly I’m more worried for the many people in my life I know who are in way worse shape than me and live non active lifestyles with terrible diets. Honestly I’m just as worried about the economic implications of this on my family as the health implications. I imagine there are millions of people just like me.

Here’s what we are doing (which isn’t much different than what we normally do) short of packing up the trailer, going to fort peck and shooting anyone who comes closer than 100 yards.

Eat healthy Whole Foods including
Garlic
red bell pepper
Orange
Lemon
Green tea
Ginger
Oysters
Asparagus
Spinach
Fish
Broccoli
Yogurt
Blueberries

Take a multi vitamin, personally I take turmeric, fish oil, and l glutamine as well.

Exercise

Wash your hands, think door knobs, pin pads, gas pumps, etc

Live your life, anxiety lowers immunity, worrying about the corona virus could actually kill you.

For the record, I’ve been following this virus from the beginning and have read everything posted here, from the cdc, who, and much more from varying sources. Most of the logical points made here are pretty obvious. Best I can tell what we got so far is educated guesses based on evolving information and statistics that vary by geographic region, demographics, and access to healthcare.

That said I tend to lie on this camp, to think we should go on with life as usual and ignore this is ridiculous, to think we should stop the world is ridiculous. Let’s just be smart, put the smartest, brightest most educated people on the subject on it and listen to them, if we all die then next time find better people.

For me, a 40 y/o male who quit smoking 8 years ago and has been taking high blood pressure meds since mid 20’s, occupational exposure to dust, etc. I honestly don’t know what to think of this. On one hand I technically have a preexisting condition that according to the stats gives me a 6% (I assume this stat is age adjusted otherwise the math don’t add up) chance of dying if I get it. That said I can jog a mile in under 8 mins, 2 miles in 17, put a half a elk on a mystery ranch and carry it 4 miles off the side of a mountain at 8000 ft without being out of breath, eat a mostly whole food diet, etc. so should I be worried? Who knows? Honestly I’m more worried for the many people in my life I know who are in way worse shape than me and live non active lifestyles with terrible diets. Honestly I’m just as worried about the economic implications of this on my family as the health implications. I imagine there are millions of people just like me.

Here’s what we are doing (which isn’t much different than what we normally do) short of packing up the trailer, going to fort peck and shooting anyone who comes closer than 100 yards.

Garlic
red bell pepper
Orange
Lemon
Green tea
Ginger
Oysters
Asparagus
Spinach
Fish
Broccoli
Yogurt
Blueberries

Take a multi vitamin, personally I take turmeric, fish oil, and l glutamine as well.

Exercise

Live your life, anxiety lowers immunity, worrying about the corona virus could actually kill you.
Much to agree with except oysters and green tea ;)

Some if you guys make me hurt.

1st. Every damn one of you has 900 products in your house with carcinogenic warnings on it. Everyone of you plays with lead. Everyone of you DAILY enters a building, or are around Asbestos. And you are fretting over air born? Ever been to Cali? Ever been to Utah in the winter? It's astounding that now the geeks are suddenly worrying about air? Same dudes that drive cars? Use power?

2nd. It's EXTREMELY obvious those amongst us that don't own business. You guys are now worrying about fast food? Just now? Just since Corona?
Trust me. The ONLY people with the luxury to sit around arguing decimsl points are people whi consider themselves bullet proof.

I'm already sanding drywall with no mask thanks to ass hats. Hopefully my customers won't read stupid shit like this. There are dudes in here that are facing financial destruction.

You are yapping on a forum financed by sponsors. Those sponsors are getting destroyed today. And the usual suspects who will pull a check every 2 weeks regardless, are out beating stupidity into the mainstream.

How long do you think Randy's wife will let him finance his platforms out of his day job? I'm betting 5 seconds.

It's hard enough out here in the real world as it is. Don't compound it by pushing stupid theories, and dumbass ideas and adding to an already over the top panic.

3rd. There is now a permanent, no exception rule. NOT ONE OF YOU CAN CRITICIZE A MILLENIAL. Snowflakes seem to be in the hunting community.

4th.

You want to do something. All You gov paycheck guys roll over to your local sporting goods shop. Buy a box of bowlers. A Leupold, some Sitka, a gerber, or a howa.

Then stop at dairy queen and buy lunch.

If this post hurt your feelings, too damn bad. Man up ladies

My grandmother (whose great-great grandmother was Cherokee) was a master at making medicines from nature which had been passed down to here. She had so many recipes for things that she kept 3 ledgers full of information. Ledgers that were lost somehow after she passed. She could make salves, syrups, ointments, powders from different wild plants that were better than anything that you could find in the store for a variety of different ailments. She knew every plant in the woods and what it could do for you. She always told me the best "vitamin" you could take was elderberry because of it's antiviral properties. I always wondered why she made elderberry wine all the time even though she wasn't a drinker. Granny'd been rich now if she was around to patent her recipes. There must've been something to natural living because she was 98, her mother was 106, sister 99 and brother 101 when they passed on.

I'm not scared of the disease. I'm worried for my grandpa who has a lung condition that's cut his lung capacity in half making it difficult for him to breathe even with oxygen. For his sake, I hope all this passes quickly with little impact.

That being said, I feel like it's being blown way out of proportion.

Garlic
red bell pepper
Orange
Lemon
Green tea
Ginger
Oysters
Asparagus
Spinach
Fish
Broccoli
Yogurt
Blueberries

Exercise

This is honestly about the first post I’ve seen advocating for boosting your immune system and in my opinion is where our focus should be and should have been before this whole thing started. I really hope this whole virus thing gets everyone’s attention and turns our society in the direction of living a healthier lifestyle. Some people have health issues that cannot be avoided but a lot of issues plaguing our country are self induced...

Even dictators are jumping into the deep state effort to hurt the orange man.

Even dictators are jumping into the deep state effort to hurt the orange man.

They just shut down all the schools, sporting venues, gyms, public swimming pools, and other assorted gatherings here. Here is pretty much the ass end of nowhere.

News flash, they just shut down the whole state WOW.

I'll assume crickets on this one.
FUBAR lets abort babies and fund measures to save lives. I guess if you are twisted enough it makes sense to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back