Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Corner Crossing Defense Fund, Round 2- Civil Case

Hey Fellas, the public land hunters won their criminal case, but now Elk Mountain Ranch is attempting to sue them. Times are getting hard for some of us- but if you can even give a little, please do so. Public land is our land, we should be able to access it. This is worth fighting for!

Appreciate the update, and thanks for the link.

The spot is burned regardless. We used our Antelope points last year for unit 50 tags and took 3 bucks along with 6 antelope does over the last three years all from that exact spot. In fact, one doe from exactly the blm parcel that you can corner cross from that I posted.

If anything, this leading to people going there and corner crossing up into elk mountain will drastically help you. There are a lot of animals that hold up on and right around that mountain that have been formally off limits. The pressure might move them down and around on thr parcels you don't have to corner cross. Unfortunately, with both the HMA properties now out of the program, a lot less ground to hunt.
Pressure will most likely remove the animals(permanently) from the landscape.

No funds needed. Just cross the corners in mass and let him try to sue everyone...

There is actually quite a few elk, deer and lopes on and around his property. Everyone should be flocking there this fall.

The four highlighted BLM parcels have a public road that passes through them. Use them to cross to the other adjacent public lands! Just figure out where Elk mountain, WY is and you should be able to figure it out.
View attachment 233330

View attachment 233331

Dear Elk Mountain Ranch,

You have scored at least a 7 on the following matrix evaluation. Enjoy your self created problem.

Regards,
The Public.

I found it rather funny, I’ve seen exactly one BLM LEO in all my life until I did some hunting in Carbon County this year. Saw one twice in the area, and the second time he was cruising at a pretty good clip towards Eschelmans place. That made me wonder. There was also a truck with a nice acting old man just cruising around watching and talking to people. Claimed he was gonna meet up with a guy to do some hunting later, but he wasn’t dressed to hunt, and he sure seemed to want to keep an eye on everybody and what they were doing.

Add to that two HMAs lost in the area this year…I get the impression Carbon County ranchers have their hackles up.

I found it rather funny, I’ve seen exactly one BLM LEO in all my life until I did some hunting in Carbon County this year. Saw one twice in the area, and the second time he was cruising at a pretty good clip towards Eschelmans place. That made me wonder. There was also a truck with a nice acting old man just cruising around watching and talking to people. Claimed he was gonna meet up with a guy to do some hunting later, but he wasn’t dressed to hunt, and he sure seemed to want to keep an eye on everybody and what they were doing.

Add to that two HMAs lost in the area this year…I get the impression Carbon County ranchers have their hackles up.

Add to that, this:

I don’t see why states don’t just settle this and use emminent domain to put it all to rest. It easily meets the “in the public interest” bar that it would survive any court challenge. The cost of acquiring a couple of square feet per parcel would be fairly insignificant.

Last edited:
I don’t see why states don’t just settle this and use emminent domain to put it all to rest. It easily meets the “in the public interest” bar that it would survive any court challenge. The cost of acquiring a couple of square feet per parcel would be fairly insignificant.

Because it isn't a bunch of poor unconnected folks who own these large ranches benefitting from the checkerboard.

The spot is burned regardless. We used our Antelope points last year for unit 50 tags and took 3 bucks along with 6 antelope does over the last three years all from that exact spot. In fact, one doe from exactly the blm parcel that you can corner cross from that I posted.

If anything, this leading to people going there and corner crossing up into elk mountain will drastically help you. There are a lot of animals that hold up on and right around that mountain that have been formally off limits. The pressure might move them down and around on thr parcels you don't have to corner cross. Unfortunately, with both the HMA properties now out of the program, a lot less ground to hunt.
Awesome! I plan on trying to get to that unit this year for my first antelope hunt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back