PEAX Equipment

Cooler choice

Your Coleman cooler will get you a ticket for not being bear proof in NW Wyoming.
I have several Yetis and don’t regret a dime that I spent on them. Bought most last fall when a local chain was selling out of them.

That being said, a couple of years ago CPO got a pair of Kong 70s and I am thoroughly impressed. Performance and construction are outstanding, they are American made by an Indiana corporation and the latches are a good design....plus they come with a couple of accessories that cost extra on most other coolers. Big plus is that they also have a very nice Veteran discount. They will be my next purchase.....take a look at this....they also have comparo with a bunch of the $$$ coolers side by side
That’s good to hear. I’m about to pull the trigger and get two Kong 110’s for this season.

Are you kidding me... NONE and I mean NONE of those $400 coolers will hold ice for 9-10 days..and none of them will claim or "guarentee" 9-10 days AFAIK. I have hunted WY in that heat and I have 2 coleman eXtremes and they hold ice just as long as any of the $400 coolers.

I'm not trying to start a pissing match here, you want a $400 cooler and think it will hold ice for 9-10 days...more power to you. You asked for pros and cons, based on my research, a con is spending 10x as much for a cooler when $40 will do.

Here is video for your viewing pleasure...

I'm just trying to save you money, even though I spent $900 on a rifle when a $500 one would probably do :)

i have high end coolers, there's lots a variables that play into how long one holds ice. i travel from Ohio out west, one year (sept) I did a 3 week trip and brought ice back home to Ohio that I packed from Ohio. They most certainly hold ice more than 10 days. Unfortunately I didn't fill a tag that year so the cooler was only opened a couple of times, I always pack one cooler full of ice as my 'ice bank', never a worry about ice, keep it in the shade, don't open it until needed.

From what I've read on hunting FB groups Rtic coolers are selling the coolers and taking people's money and THEN telling the people the coolers are back ordered for up to 6 months AFTER they have received payment
I heard rumor that yeti sued rtic for patten infringement, wonder if that has anything to do with slow orders.

That’s good to hear. I’m about to pull the trigger and get two Kong 110’s for this season.
I think you will be happy. I am trying to figure out how and when I can float the purchase without too many questions from mama :)

I bought a pair of Rtic 110s a couple months ago and got them right away. Couldn't be happier. they make real nice wire baskets for them too.

Out of curiosity I checked Rtics website, and they are sold out of almost everything. Maybe I bought the last 2!

I have an orca 75 and it held ice for 10 days with temps 80+ everyday in the Gila, of course I pre cooled mine 2 days in advance and packed it well. Overall I’m very happy with my Orca. Plus you can’t go wrong with a product made in the good ole US of A.

Back