Cool critter on my trap line

MTELKFIRE7

Had been seeing this guys tracks all trapping season. Figured it would be tough to catch a picture as they only come around every few weeks but was lucky enough to get a few. Cant trap them so may as well get some pics. Thought it was pretty cool.

Attachments

• hunting 2017.jpg
    hunting 2017.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,004
  • hunting 2016.jpg
    hunting 2016.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,002
  • hunting 2018.jpg
    hunting 2018.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,005
Fowl- Yea I have lost a few marten to them over the years but not to bad. Usually they are just curious and leave everything alone. Pretty smart critters they are.

The last legal season we had there was a few running around in the areas I trapped. I set on one and the next day the season closed. had to go break down the set. I was hoping not to have to release one.

Would love to see one in the wild. Had a friend take one on a grizzly hunt in Alaska a couple years ago. Great pics!

The one thing I hate to have to point out to you, IS, the fact that if those pictures where taken in Montana your in violation of the law. No BS either.

Motion-Tracking Devices and/or
Camera Devices
It is illegal for a person to possess or use in the field
any electronic or camera device whose purpose
is to scout the location of game animals or relay
the information on a game animal’s location or
movement during any Commission-adopted
hunting season.

The one thing I hate to have to point out to you, IS, the fact that if those pictures where taken in Montana your in violation of the law. No BS either.

So technically you can only use cameras from June 16(spring bear is over) to August 14(archery antelope). Buncha crap.

Shoots- I dont want to get into a debate about the grey area of the law but I cant find anywhere in the furbearer regulations about motion tracking devices (looked them over a few times but maybe I missed it). Im guessing you pulled the information from the big game regulations?? The camera was specifically set out to catch a picture of the wolverine, and funny enough these were the only three pictures i got. I will follow up with the FWP and let you know my findings.

Back