Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cooking bobcat

rebjfan

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to cook bobcat. My wife is planning to cook the front shoulders off the cat for me, any suggestions?

I shot a mountain lion in Nov and have been doing a few different recipes. I fed it to a dozen+ different people in Nov and Dec that all rarely eat wild game and they all thought it was great.
This was good with some ground lion meat:

I did some pulled cat sandwiches with part of rear quarter. With a whole shoulder I would consider something like this for sandwiches: https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/never-bone-out-shoulder-again.293042/

Saved a whole mountain lion rear quarter so I can try a ham. I still have a few pounds of trim frozen to grind, I was thinking about some potstickers as another option for a fun appetizer.

Have made it like a veal scaloppini n was very good
Came up w a sausage along those lines also….lemon zest, capers, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, n a little bit of pork fat…it was awesome

Crock pot like a roast is good. Season the same as the cat tastes like a cross between pork and beef. I prefer it done with dry mojo, tho, but that's not for everyone.

I cooked mountain lion for the first time. Sliced it thin battered in egg rolled in flour added salt, pepper, garlic, and onion flakes. Fried in olive oil. I did the same with Italian breadcrumbs. Some I just did plain.

I did medallions with one back strap wrapped in bacon. (Wonder why the heart attack hit)

Butterfly steaks with the other seasoned with pepper and salt. Really good with a country gravy and biscuits

Took some to the office Xmas party and got a few looks when it was divulged what is was. No complaints all thought it was chicken and didn't have any left to take home.

I slow cooked the tenderloin in oven with slices of onion. I did the other tenderloin in oven basted with barbecue sauce and maple syrup and a 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.

I tried it a lot of different ways and really didn't find a way that I didn't like it. I found that (IMO) it took on the flavor of what it was cooked with more so than a lot of wild game.

Would absolutely eat it again if given a choice.

I'm sure some will question a few of these ideas and concoctions.

Meateater has entered the chat. Coyotes are some of the best table fare out there. I suggest everyone to go harvest a coyote and throw it in the crockpot. You will not be disappointed.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to cook bobcat. My wife is planning to cook the front shoulders off the cat for me, any suggestions?
What the hell for. Too many better thing to eat. Honestly if its like a lion it’ll be good. But I doubt it.

Better than chicken. You won't see a bobcat race the rest of the flock to get to a loogey.

That sounds like an option. I will let everyone know how it turns out tomorrow night, if it doesn’t kill me.

Back