Confused about season dates for WY.....

MaxPower

My non-resident cousins drew some region G tags, and as I was looking at dates I got a little confused.

Region G is made up of units 135, 143, 144, and 145. The season dates posted have unit 135 as Oct 1-14, but the other three units have Sep 15 - Oct 6.

Anyone know why there are different season dates within the same region? How common is this?

Season dates are set after a conference between game biologists and the Game Commission. They can and are frequently different for certain areas within a region. It's very common. They do it depending on health of the game, food, depredation, disease, counts, etc. Variety of factors determine the dates for each area individually. How they migrate within an area has a lot to do with it too. My area elk season starts 1st of September right smack in the rut, but rest of region starts in October.

Season dates are set after a conference between game biologists and the Game Commission. They can and are frequently different for certain areas within a region. It's very common. They do it depending on health of the game, food, depredation, disease, counts, etc. Variety of factors determine the dates for each area individually. How they migrate within an area has a lot to do with it too. My area elk season starts 1st of September right smack in the rut, but rest of region starts in October.

Yup exactly (y)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back