Conditioning or Sick in the head - Sheep

MThunter398

I got off work a few hours early this afternoon and decided to go for a hike and actually earn my beer for once. So I ran home and grabbed a newer pair of boots that I'm still breaking in. For the last month, I had been wanting to hike up into some sheep wintering grounds and look for a deadhead but hadn't found the time until today. On the climb up I was thinking to myself, how infected I am with sheep fever. Granted it was nearly 60 degrees today, but to climb through crotch deep snow during what is still technically winter may be cause for concern haha. Unfortunately, no deadheads were found. But I was able to glass up around 25-30 ewes and lams, and two rams, one of which was certainly mature. It was a blast to watch them feed for nearly an hour then bed down around sunset. I am really kicking myself for not bringing a spotter and phone scope. (also missing from my pack was beer, rookie mistake I know) I'll still share some crappy photos I took through my binos free hand. Does anyone else have an unhealthy obsession with sheep? I took the year off from the unlimited hunt last fall, but I believe I'll be back soon...

IMG_8068 (1).jpg IMG_8074 (1).jpg

Last edited:
What are these “sheep” you speak of?
Wretched things. Possibly more addicting than any drugs, and almost certainly more expensive. I can only hope that we who are already addicted are able to suffer alone, and those who aren't, stay away....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back