Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Coming home to MT

Grim3

Hello all! I'm originally from Western Montana and lived there until I was 27 before I had the bad idea to act on my long held desire to join the Army. I've spent the last few years in upstate New York and a stint in less friendly places. The walleye, panfish and catfishing in New York was tremendous, but the hunting left much to be desired for me. I'm glad to be home for good, and I'm glad to say I have a renewed fervor for western style hunting that I'd lost even before I left. I look forward to conversing with you all and hope to highly improve my elk fu specifically.

That’s awesome. Born and raised in Missoula, then moved to the Midwest and have been here ever since. I haven’t been back to Montana in 20+ years. I do miss the wide open space, the small town ambience. Thinkin about doing that “Come home to hunt” license and goin back.

Welcome from another forum-newbie. I've always wanted to hunt, if not live, in MT! Such a beautiful place, and I hear some pretty amazing people!

Hello all! I'm originally from Western Montana and lived there until I was 27 before I had the bad idea to act on my long held desire to join the Army. I've spent the last few years in upstate New York and a stint in less friendly places. The walleye, panfish and catfishing in New York was tremendous, but the hunting left much to be desired for me. I'm glad to be home for good, and I'm glad to say I have a renewed fervor for western style hunting that I'd lost even before I left. I look forward to conversing with you all and hope to highly improve my elk fu specifically.
Congratulations and thanks for your service. Former Army here also.

Nothing gives you an appreciation of your home state than living elsewhere for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back