Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado Unit 64/65

Hello all! I drew a first rifle elk tag for unit 64/65 and I have some questions about specific roads and areas of the unit. Mostly curious of road quality and other questions like that, not asking for help finding elk or “honey holes” I’d prefer to do that work on my own, but just wanted to know what I’m getting into this fall as I’m driving out from Vermont and this will be my first time in Colorado.

The roads around the sage brush country can be very slick and gooey when wet, lots of adobe dirt, bring tire chains.

I was curious of a certain road in particular, are you familiar with that unit well enough to know?

We were out there last year for 3rd rifle season. It snowed 2 feet the weekend we were there so I would certainly bring chains just in case, even in first rifle season. You should be able to drive in to the Silver Jack Reservoir area if that's a starting point you're considering. It's steep hiking out there good luck!

I’m in the same boat. Will be in 64/65 for 2nd rifle cow. Super excited, but worried about getting around the roads/trails with a pickup truck!!!

I’m in the same boat. Will be in 64/65 for 2nd rifle cow. Super excited, but worried about getting around the roads/trails with a pickup truckj
Get yourself a Subi. They float on a cushion of smug, so they can't get stuck.
SMH… Not a Subi kind of guy! Lol

The roads around the sage brush country can be very slick and gooey when wet, lots of adobe dirt, bring tire chains.
No lie there. Roads are slicker than goose poop on a pump handle when wet. Hunted 64/65 several times and always had to use chains when wet.

I'm looking for somewhere to rent horses for a hunt the week of Oct. 25th-Nov. 6 in unit 54. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dont think your going to hear much about it he hasnt been on since 2021

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back