Colorado unit 26 flat tops

MIhunt44

Myself and 2 buddies are heading out from MI for an elk hunt, early season. We're going back to a spot we hunted last year, I'm hoping I may find someone with some info/knowledge about an area in unit 26 in the flat tops wilderness for a possible plan B. I have the spot I'm interested picked out, hoping to find info on access, pressure, and anything else someone may be kind enough to share.

thanks in advance and good hunting.

Always heard there were quite a few hunters and also outfitters up in the Flat Tops. Also that you can get snowed out in the later seasons, in which case the elk move out. Of course that doesn't really apply to early season... I was planning a hunt in that area until a surprise baby due in October pushed me into 4th season!

Good luck, hunt HARD!

I hunt 26 on the East end of the FT area. If you have some specific questions feel free to PM me and I'll try and give you some info accordingly.

I hunted unit 26 for several years for deer, but not elk. A PM would be a good idea if you do not want to reveal your intended hunting area.

I hunt 26 on the East end of the FT area. If you have some specific questions feel free to PM me and I'll try and give you some info accordingly.

I've spent 4-5 days this summer scouting this part of 26. Mind if I pick your brain with a few questions I have about what I've found so far?

Hunted it myself in 17 and ran into some guys from MI maybe it was you! Feel free to PM me with questions.

I hunt in 231, the next unit up and we have pretty good success. Good luck in 4th season. Tough elk hunting, but good mulley hunting. Should be close to rut. I saw some monsters last fall.

blacksheep

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back