Colorado state trust land access

Whether or not you ever intend to hunt state trust land in Colorado, please sign the petition if you hunt or plan to hunt in Colorado. Increased access means less crowding in the places you want to hunt. The BHA guys are on the right track with this. It would be a boon for sportsmen in the state if they succeed.

Funny timing. I have a permit for temporary access into the State Land Trust right now. I want to access a really small piece of land (not for hunting) for about 45 minutes. My application for this access has been with them for about two weeks now and I've yet to hear anything. When I talked to the folks at the office about how to gain access, they were telling me I might need a really expensive insurance policy before they would grant my request. Needless to say....I signed it....198 more to go.

Jim

Thanks for signing. FYI, the counter continues to update with a higher number as people sign. The goal is as many signatures as possible. There is no reason why that shouldn't have 5,000 signatures.

Public hunters in CO have access to only 16% of the STL in the state, and only because about $750,000 of your license fees go to pay for it.

I signed, with a few general comments. I was a manager of Minnesota's 2.5 million acres of State Trust lands that are very important general public outdoor recreation including hunting. I hunt Colorado every year and strongly support those trust lands be open to the public.. I am pleased that Randy Newberg is a leader in the effort to keep our public lands, federal, state, and county, open to the public. It is an important, and frustrating battle, very political.

Well it has only been one day but 350 people doesn't seem like too many. It says it needs 500. What does that get us?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back