Colorado Springs Scheels opens TOMORROW!!!!

Appleton isnt that far. But it ain't close either.
Never been to the one in Appleton. Every time I’m up that way I never seem to have the free time.

And it’s too far to just drive up there on a Saturday to wander around and fill a basket up with whatever catches my eye that day, like I used to do before Cabela’s went to hell.

Yep. Once I find something to burn my Cabela’s points on that card is gone. Might take forever to find something anymore though
Ammo was good for that :)

I used to put a lot of money through my Cabela’s card, but haven’t used it but maybe a couple of times in the last few years.
It’s ridiculous that fleet farm can build a new store and instantly be better that a dedicated ‘outdoors’ store, but it’s true. If you can’t find it at fleet farm, you don’t need it.

I like scheels, i frequent the one in billings. I just wish they had a military discount. I dont mean it in "i need a discount" way i just prefer to spend my money with those who offer one, its my way to thank those businesses.

I like scheels, i frequent the one in billings. I just wish they had a military discount. I dont mean it in "i need a discount" way i just prefer to spend my money with those who offer one, its my way to thank those businesses.
We do have one here in Colorado Springs (5% off regular priced).......I think it may be a local decision. The big way to save is PRICE MATCHING. We will match any legit retailer that can be verified online.

How goods the warranty on the fishing rods ? 3 years no questions asked or 3 years manufacturers defect ?

Our new store opens tomorrow!! I will be selling guns PT but my first shift isn't until Tuesday. Took the wife and HP to the store today for the family preview and even after listening to me for the last 3 months of training they were impressed. Here are a couple of insider tips:

1) We have a TON of firearms and ammo inventory NOW. They have been stockpiling/ordering since they knew the store was coming and our gun room is full!! Due to demand there are some limits a) ammo is limited to 3 boxes (whatever sized boxes are- and we do have some range sized boxes) b) Semi auto handguns and AR/Tactical shotguns will be limited to 1 per customer (to stop folks from buying a bunch and flipping if they are first in the door) c) There are limits on reloading as well although I don't know them exactly (ammo and reloading are separate lines). d) We WILL accept phone purchases of guns (pay then, come in a do the 4473) but will NOT be putting guns on "hold" or shipping them to other FFLs

2) The lines has already started. As of 1400 this afternoon there were already 6 people and 2 tents in line in front of the store. Traffic is going to be BAD coming off the interstate so plan accordingly. BTW, there are a Great Wolf Lodge and a Drury Inn adjacent to our parking lot (along with a LOT of restaurants within a couple blocks).

3) We have a 5% military discount on regularly priced items (including guns). In the alternative we will price match ANY LEGIT retailer (including guns - like from Buds)!!!

4) If you are a person that uses reward credit cards here are the main points of the Scheels Visa......with approval you get a $50 gift certificate to use as you please (including on that first purchase and no minimum purchase to use), 6 months no interest on all purchases $500 and above, no annual fee, 3x pts on Scheels purchases/ 1x on everywhere else, automatic $25 gift card for every 2500 points, and additional year of warranty on all products purchased in Scheels with the card. Tell them you heard spiel from Larry Born #100926 and I will get credit for it :)

If you have any questions I might be able to answer please feel free to ask.

BTW, we DO have the Randy Gerber knives in stock!!!!
Thanks for the tips - I'm going to have to work it into my travels...

We do have one here in Colorado Springs (5% off regular priced).......I think it may be a local decision. The big way to save is PRICE MATCHING. We will match any legit retailer that can be verified online.
Makes sense in Co Spgs with the military bases so close = pulls customers in.

So......how much inventory if left? Lol I saw lots of posts about this store having tons of ammo today on several different facebook pages. I bet that is no longer the case! There are several online retailers I check daily for the ammo I need. Got lucky and found a box of what I've been looking for today. I hope production picks up and hoarding goes down.

How goods the warranty on the fishing rods ? 3 years no questions asked or 3 years manufacturers defect ?
I don't work fishing (we are department specific) but would assume that warranties may vary by brand and style. If you buy on a Scheels card they double the warranty up to a year extra. Also, we do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee....and the company is serious about doing whatever it takes to make a customer happy!

So......how much inventory if left? Lol I saw lots of posts about this store having tons of ammo today on several different facebook pages. I bet that is no longer the case! There are several online retailers I check daily for the ammo I need. Got lucky and found a box of what I've been looking for today. I hope production picks up and hoarding goes down.
My first day is Tuesday.....I will be interested to see what the carnage is when I walk in the gun shop. I'll post an update.

Just got back from there.

Still lots of ammo left like 5.56mm, 9mm, and 22 rimfire. Didn’t really check on every single cartridge but the shelves were still full in the ammo section.

Reloading components are pretty wiped out, no primers left, not many powders left, still a decent selection of projectiles, ADG and Lapua brass for some popular cartridges.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back