Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission to meet February 24 in virtual workshop to discuss wolf reintroduction planning

Ugh this is gonna suck. Even the definitions are bad.

"(b) “GRAY WOLF” MEANS NONGAME WILDLIFE OF THE SPECIES CANIS LUPUS"

So by definition, they're already nongame? Great.

Ugh this is gonna suck. Even the definitions are bad.

"(b) “GRAY WOLF” MEANS NONGAME WILDLIFE OF THE SPECIES CANIS LUPUS"

So by definition, they're already nongame? Great.
Statute:https://codes.findlaw.com/co/title-33-parks-and-wildlife/co-rev-st-sect-33-1-102.html

"(29) “Nongame wildlife” means all native species and subspecies of wildlife which are not classified as game wildlife by rule or regulation of the commission."

So for now, I read that as - since the commission has not yet classified them via a rule or regulation, wolves currently meet the definition.

So - I'd say 'by definition they are currently nongame'

If they come out of this process as nongame that's a different story.

I saw that as well. The "nongame" language was in the ballot initiative. Not sure how that factors into it or doesn't. Wolves are currently nongame and on the state threatened and endangered list I believe.

I watched the recording (at x1.5 to make it slightly less of a time suck).

Only thing that was really worth noting happened in the first few minutes and that was CPW showing pics of a wolf they captured and radio-collared. CPW said it has been in CO with a wolf that came from WY (Snake River) which was already collared, and has been back with that wolf since the collaring. There was no comment on if/how that affects the re-introduction plan.

*feedback from mic
Moderator: "I hope everyone brought their lunchables and juicebox, this is gonna be a long one"

I watched the recording (at x1.5 to make it slightly less of a time suck).

Only thing that was really worth noting happened in the first few minutes and that was CPW showing pics of a wolf they captured and radio-collared. CPW said it has been in CO with a wolf that came from WY (Snake River) which was already collared, and has been back with that wolf since the collaring. There was no comment on if/how that affects the re-introduction
If I caught it correctly, that was captured and collared in 2019. 109lb male.

One thing I noted, every time with public comment the pro crowd always mentions the "overwhelming majority" that voted in favor of this prop, but we've covered that previously.

One thing I noted, every time with public comment the pro crowd always mentions the "overwhelming majority" that voted in favor of this prop, but we've covered that previously.
We have... but also
1614279019135.png

1614279027435.png

Boulder county, most (Yes) - 67.81% to 31.19%
Jackson and Moffat where there currently are wolves 13.04% to 86.96 and 16.75% to 83.5%

"The measure which barely passed, was wildly unpopular in most of the state, and not without large amounts of detractors in the urban areas."

Once again, the city people decide the fate of the country people.

I'm not worried, country people know how to take care of the wolf problem....

Colorado never should have legalized weed. This was the downfall of the entire state IMHO....."progressive thinkers" sitting around getting high have swamped them and are now pushing their nonsense agendas.

We have... but also
View attachment 175367

View attachment 175368

Jackson and Moffat where there currently are wolves 13.04% to 86.96 and 16.75% to 83.5%

"The measure which barely passed, was wildly unpopular in most of the state, and not without large amounts of detractors in the urban areas."
The backyard view is always myopic

Colorado never should have legalized weed. This was the downfall of the entire state IMHO....."progressive thinkers" sitting around getting high have swamped them and are now pushing their nonsense agendas.
I'll fill in for wllm - "OK, Boomer" :)

/End Sarcasm

FWIW - I agree prop 114 was nonsense. I can't make the mental leap that hippy lettuce had anything whatsoever to do with it.

My daughter works in the MJ industry (so do several ex-colleagues and friends, some @ quite Senior levels) - trust me - they aren't "sitting around getting high". There is substantial innovation in transactional controls and supply chain systems that are springing out from that industry that are ahead of 'traditional' industries.

We have... but also
View attachment 175367

View attachment 175368

"relocate" a pack in Wash Park or Stapleton and see if things change.

We have... but also
View attachment 175367

View attachment 175368

Indeed, it appears that most of the state voted against reintroduction...
Interesting data from areas where there currently are wolves, not necessarily surprising, but haven't seen those numbers yet. CPW certainly has a tough road ahead of them in the next couple of years, probably going to make more enemies than friends.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back