Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado on your computer

Oak

Expert
NEW ONLINE VIDEO SERIES FROM THE COLORADO DIVISION OF WILDLIFE OFFERS AN 'EYE-OPENING' EXPERIENCE

Hunters, anglers and wildlife enthusiasts can now experience the great outdoors on their computer by immersing themselves in “a.m. Colorado”, a new online video series from the Colorado Division of Wildlife (DOW).

Filmed in high-definition (HD) video and recorded in digital audio, “a.m. Colorado” captures the early-morning sights and sounds of some of Colorado’s most unique landscapes and wildlife species. At 6-to 7-minutes in length, these mini-documentaries provide stunning visuals and sound, and incorporate informative captions that both educate and entertain.

Current episodes feature the intricate mating dance of the greater prairie chicken, the spectacular breeding displays of the sage-grouse, the springtime gobble of the Rio Grande turkey, and present a “medley” of wildlife sights and sounds along the South Platte River.

“The image quality and sound are spectacular,” said Dennis McKinney, DOW video producer and videographer. “’a.m. Colorado’ is the next best thing to being there.”
The new high-definition videos are linked to the DOW Web site from an outside provider. The results are faster loading times and higher picture quality than before. To play the new videos, viewers need a high-speed Internet connection and the latest version of Adobe Flash installed on their computer.

“We are excited to present Colorado's wildlife through online video,” said Nick Clement, DOW video editor. The technology has improved so we can now deliver extremely high-quality streaming video and audio on our website.”

The “a.m. Colorado” series will be ongoing and new episodes will debut throughout the year.

“We hope to add new editions to the series on a fairly regular basis,” said McKinney. “We view the series as the ideal format to showcase Colorado’s amazing wildlife on computer screens around the world.”

This new series has pioneered the way for HD videos on the DOW Web site. Future documentaries, educational films, species profiles, and habitat landscapes also will feature the same high-definition picture quality and widescreen format.

So, turn down the lights, turn up the sound, and open a window onto some of Colorado’s most beautiful scenery and unique wildlife species.

“a.m. Colorado” and other DOW online videos can be accessed directly by visiting the following link:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NewsMedia/Videos/

Hell, I haven't even looked at them. I just look out my window. ;) I thought others might be interested, though.

Cool site, Oak

On that same web page is this..."Moose Vs. Elk 2.71MB (Text Version PDF)
Moose were introduced into Colorado back in the late 70s and the animals have thrived ever since. Unfortunately over the years there has been a problem with hunters mistaking moose for elk."

Really......? I can see mistaking a Black for a Grizz maybe...but a Moose for an ELK?

Cool site, Oak

On that same web page is this..."Moose Vs. Elk 2.71MB (Text Version PDF)
Moose were introduced into Colorado back in the late 70s and the animals have thrived ever since. Unfortunately over the years there has been a problem with hunters mistaking moose for elk."

Really......? I can see mistaking a Black for a Grizz maybe...but a Moose for an ELK?

Yeah, the big 'caution' graphics in the CO brochure warning hunters not to mistake elk and moose always makes me sigh. I don't know how anyone could mistake the two...

The year COlorado tried to make all the over the counter elk tags either sex was a disaster for the moose population. They never did it again. It takes all kinds.

Reminds me of a joke I heard....with the punchline, "Ok lady, its your elk.....Just let me get my saddle off him"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back