Colorado Mule Deer GMU 75/751

briansousa1127

My Dad and I drew unit 75/751. This will be our first time in Colorado mule deer hunting. We live in California and neither of us has ever even been to Colorado. We are very much looking forward to this hunt as it is our first time in nearly 10 years that we will be tackling the mountain and looking for some big muley‘s. One of our questions is where near the area of zone 75/751 can we stay, we don’t have an RV or anything like that so we are looking for low-cost hotels or motels in the area, Any information would be of great help for us, hope to hear some great ideas and if anybody is hunted this area before maybe some tips on where we should go. Thank you and we look forward to hearing what you got for us.

I recommend consider renting a camping trailer. Easier to find places to park those than to find hotels in that area. We used to hunt that area growing up but moved up to the Meeker area for hunting until I moved to Cheyenne. Hotels in Durango get kind of pricey during tourist trap season as I call it.

Not much there. You can try around vallecito reservoir or Durango. Depends on your season as to what is available and wise. I would camp most of the time unless it's below freezing all the time or I had sensitive people with me.

We will be there for the second gun hunt. This is our second trip. We stay at the lone wolf cabins at vallecito lake, great place to stay and very reasonable rates.

Pm if you want to. I will help with any Durango questions you have. Should be a good year here.

I'll also be hunting 75/751 this October on my first PL hunt in Colorado. Any advice from the seasoned vets would be very much appreciated.

I'll also be hunting 75/751 this October on my first PL hunt in Colorado. Any advice from the seasoned vets would be very much appreciated.
You're only one letter away from a legend - I doubt you'll need any help

Haha. If only! Obviously don't want anyone to give away their honey holes, but any general advice would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back