Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado Maroon Bells Unit 43

homestead

My dad and I are planning a return trip to Colorado for muzzle loader elk this year. We're looking into both the Marble area as well as Sopris to the north. I have spoken with a number of individuals including hunt planners, the region warden/biologist, as well as a forest service ranger. All of these folks have been great in answering my questions and very giving of their time. I thought I might reach out to any fellow members here for any information or insight that might be provided. We have narrowed our areas down to a handful of specific areas after speaking with the before mentioned people. I'd really appreciate anything anybody might feel like sharing. Thanks

Can't help you out with where to hunt. All I can offer up after hiking the Maroon Bells last summer is be prepared for the high altitude. Read about altitude sickness and consider pills. I took them, did fine, but it was the steepest , highest terrain I had ever hiked. (up and down 4 passes, 26 miles) I quit taking the pills after getting back down to Aspen, and when I got home 2 days later I was nasty sick. Take the pills for 2 days after like the Rx says :)

Thanks Muskeez. I remember you telling me that when we spoke on the phone a while back. I told my old man about that and he was definitely interested. I'll be in touch in the coming months about that bear keg if the offer's still on the table.

You bet, glad to help, sorry I didn't recognize your username. Hope you get some hunting info about the unit. All we saw were distant mule deer and up close goats at the top.

Still hoping some guys here have some sort of experience hunting this unit and would like to share any information. Thanks again Muskeez and Pagosa for your insights.

Back