Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado GMU 66 1st rifle Elk

ndhunterman

Debating on giving colorado a go this year. Have my eye on this unit and possibly doing a drop camp or hiring pack services to get me back in there. Going solo as of right now cause none of my buddies bought points like I told em too...
Anybody hunted this unit the past few years or interested in teaming up for a week? Ive got all the camp gear.
Thanks

I hunted it first season last year. We packed in five miles with horses. We were the only ones in this large drainage. Saw bulls but did not close the deal.

I hunted it first season last year. We packed in five miles with horses. We were the only ones in this large drainage. Saw bulls but did not close the deal.
+1
g.png

BB.jpg

Hunted it last year saw no elk. i hunted the south end of the unit. The beetle kill I think is where they were hanging out. Weather was warm.

Was your strategy spot and stalk or did you try to call them?

Argylesox We were not calling. For the most part the bulls were timbered up and nor very vocal. It was hot and there was a full moon. THe area of the unit we hunted had really steep tight canyons. I prefer spot and stalk hunting but this terrain was tough to do that in. I do want to hunt the unit again though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back