PEAX Equipment

Colorado gmu 64/65

Mr Bumpy

Looking for any helpful info regarding gmu 64/65. Anyone hunted deer & elk here? Just looking for general info. Planning 2014 2nd season DIY public hunt with a few buddies (2 experienced & 2 beginning hunters). I learned of this area near Montrose years ago from an old very successful hunter who has passed and no longer with us so we're basically starting from scratch. We would like to learn this area for possible future hunts. We intend to camp. We're all in good physical shape. Have made 1 call to CPW regarding license & app process.
I would appreciate any info anyone is willing to give and will most likely have additional questions based on any replies received.

You and 1,075 of your closest friends! Good luck!
:-D Righton, I am thankful for all my friends! It is no doubt popular, but what OTC isn't—hunters everywhere. It's actually middle of the pack. Hunter density is realative to the huntable area and the skills/knowledge/ and real time decisions of those hunting it. I theorize only about 10% of last years 65 OTC population know how to harvest :) . Looks like plenty of mountain in that unit. I have a back up unit selected with 1/3 less hunters in field which I hunted last year. I counted 9 hunters going in the main drain on opening day. Those bulls were definitely call shy. I had two close encounters during the muzzy season. In my best call in, I shot over my bull with open site muzzy at 40 yards. I met a local archer and we hunted together that day. After my shot, he loosed an arrow in a very narrow lane and was deflected. He hunted 9 days OTC archery before I was there and it was the best encounter of his season. Hunters come, hunters go. I should go there, but my uncle needs to catch fish first. I'm just thankful I'm not hunting 2nd rifle anywhere in CO.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back