Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado Draw/PP summary

Bambistew

I was looking at the Primary Deer Draw Summary and noticed something that seems a bit strange.

If you look at the total number of applicants pre-draw vs the post-draw successful, why aren't the most PP applicants 100% successful? For instance, why did 8 apply with 8 points, but only 7 draw, and 7 with 7points and only 5 draw?

Did they botch the application, or did they withdraw after submitting? Having a hard time figuring this one out.

I noticed this in a bunch of other recaps as well, for both resident and NR. I'm assuming its something rather simple that I'm missing.

Attachments

• Pages from 2015DeerDrawRecap.jpg
    Pages from 2015DeerDrawRecap.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Pages from 2015DeerDrawRecap-crp.jpg
    Pages from 2015DeerDrawRecap-crp.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
I'm guessing it could be a party application where one applicant had many fewer points.

I've never applied as a party, but don't they go in as "one" application with an average of points?

The party application kind of makes sense, however, the total number drawn wouldn't add up to the total allowed would it? Its as if they were just tossed out, and went on down the line.

Its as if they were just tossed out, and went on down the line.

That's pretty much the way it would work. They would be issued a PP, but the next person down the list would be issued the license. The NR quota would still be filled if there were enough applicants.

I understand it now, figured it was something simile like that. The party application is assigned points based on the fewest points in the party (some states are average, didn't know what CO was). Apparently they are tracking pre-draw points as individuals, and then sorting it out in the drawing.

Either way, it appears that about 7-10% of the "high" point holders do not receive permits due to the party application?. Something to think about if you are on the points bubble, I guess.

So I went straight to the source and got confirmation of my suspicion. The majority of errors are related to group applicants with varying preference points. There are other possibilities of which I was not aware.
Oak,
You are correct, for your example those applicants who didn't draw were part of a group. Below is an explanation provided internally on the Draw Recap. Note: because the hunt code sex can be different amongst group members, the stats on the entire group are not alway under one hunt code. Some other reasons for not drawing in a group are nonresident cap if a nonresident is in group and not enough quota available for entire group.

Group applications: all members of the group must have the same hunt codes, except for sex, in the same choice order under the same group leader number; either all members of the group draws or none of the group members draw (i.e. choose your hunting partners wisely).

-Most common errors:

• different numbers for the group leader
  • non-matching hunt codes (species, hunt code unit, season code and method of take must match)
  • different hunt code order (leader: rifle cow elk then archery bull elk; group: archery bull elk then rifle cow elk)
  • underpays
  • application
  • correction may change the hunts for the rest of the group or invalidate the group

Common question: Why didn’t a group draw? See most common errors above. A significant number of the errors in the draws are tied to group applications.

Pre-draw vs. post-draw numbers: in the Draw Recap report if the number of applicants don’t match the number draw (orange boxes) when logically they should, it is almost always because of group applications (see most common errors above).

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back