MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado Bighorn Sheep 2023

Great write up! Cool to read about an area I have hiked but never hunted. Thanks for sharing.

Those beautiful pics made me realise Ive been doing it all wrong. Ive been chasing in the desert in August and above treeline in October-December. Didn't see too many flowers as I recall.

Would be awfully nice to see that many sheep/group too.

PXL_20230628_121345794.jpg
Hardcore sheep hunters seeing you sheep hunting with a Coleman tent instead of a SG or Kifaru tarp set up.
1693232722977.png

Joking of course.

Awesome write up and pics. They don't all end up with heavy packs, but you got a lot of memories out of the deal.

Good stuff. A DIY sheep hunt is a goal of mine at some point if CO ever gives me a tag. No sense in ruining a good hunt by killing something! Thanks for sharing.

With a shoe breakage so close to the season a new pair had to be found. Ended up with
Zamberlan 980 outfitter gtx rr
PXL_20230826_233548571.jpg

They performed wonderful and didn't really require any break in. Hurt the bank account lol

Thank you for taking the time to write that up. I had a ewe tag in S3 in 2019, and you really brought back some great memories! Definitely one of the best hunts I've ever been on.

co_ewe.JPG

co_13k.JPG

co_storm.JPG

co_panorama.JPG
That Colorado high country kept a piece of me with it when I went home. Hoping to find my way back someday.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back